Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Kono Oto Tomare!: Sounds of Life

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Lauren wrote:
This anime is based on a shonen manga that's been in print since 2012, with 19 tankobon volumes and counting!

And here I thought it was a shoujo Embarassed
Nice show so far. I dig it.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:24 am Reply with quote
The last thing I want to see from this show is the club members playing the instrument. It's like the case with Bamboo Blade and shows of the same type; When it comes down to just being what the club is about, that is "nothing what we're going through matters as much as the activity itself" is the point I get turned off. I list Bmboo Blade as the most blatant example as that's the show that takes a "stalker" plotline and turns into a source for kendo training videos. "See? This is what you're doing wrong. And thank you for partaking in this disgusting and perverted activity."

Take K-On! "We'll do whatever it takes as long as we're not playing as a group. We have to do it, eventually, but..."
And then there's Bakuon!! which take the "slice of life" + "club activity" formula and turns the slice of life into absurdist humor.

This series is turning the slice of life into heavy drama which is good.
The series is turning it into the realm of heavy handed drama which isn't as good.
"Koto is serious business!!" But it's not. "It's more serious than bullying and personal choice!!" Really, it's not.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:56 am Reply with quote
And I want to hear more koto music. You'd think they'd at least incorporate it into the ED music. It's very weird to be focused on koto and then hear an acoustic guitar start the ED.

Other than that, I think it's off to a good start.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1