• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Pure Platinum

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:17 pm Reply with quote
-Industry stuff: The walkout was a good thing and should be supported, Pitchford is a trashfire, and Netherrealm needs to think about what it's doing. Ugh, this industry has so many problems

-Code Vein: Oh yeah, this is still a thing. I mean, I was interested in the game (Dark Souls with a cyber-Gothic style? Hell yeah) but it was weird how it was literally at the cusp of release and then went "TBA" for awhile. Still, hope I get into the beta and can check it out

-Platinum Games: It's hilarious how they had to clarify that Astral Chain did not have design related to Scalebound

-Detective Pikachu: Give me
Klonoa1545

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 12:22 am Reply with quote
Tiny Toons: How I Spent My Vacation is the funniest animated comedy of all time. Every joke lands, the comic timing is perfect, and I love the ever-loving heck out of it.
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:54 am Reply with quote
Can't wait to watch Pokemon Movie, i need to wait for Blu-ray rip release so that i can torrent therm watch it.

The rest of it don't bothers.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 10:15 am Reply with quote
Code Vein looks like something I'd want to play. Too bad it's likely going to be too hard to enjoy.
TsubomiKoneko

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
That probably explains why I still remember about 75% of the dialogue in Tiny Toon Adventures: How I Spent My Vacation to this day.

Wow, I found my new best friend, lol.

Anyway, Detective Pikachu was overall very good for a video game to movie adaptation, EXCEPT... the plot twist they felt the need to shovel in. I just feel it really made things awkward, and in general did not make sense when you think about it for more than like five seconds. But, my boyfriend and I talked about it and there was probably one obvious reason they made the twist (can't go into our thoughts without spoiling it, so I'll leave it at that).
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Good to see Code Vein again and looking good.

AiddonValentine wrote:
-Platinum Games: It's hilarious how they had to clarify that Astral Chain did not have design related to Scalebound

Yeah it's also a bit funny since I didn't think of that game when seeing the trailer. My initial thought when the trailer first started was that it might have been a new Monolith Soft (Xeno series) game since it had their kind of look to the environment, before the Platinum logo came up.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:28 pm Reply with quote
DangerMouse wrote:

Yeah it's also a bit funny since I didn't think of that game when seeing the trailer. My initial thought when the trailer first started was that it might have been a new Monolith Soft (Xeno series) game since it had their kind of look to the environment, before the Platinum logo came up.

I actually thought that too. I can see Platinum having seen the BLADEs and going "Wait, if we made them more action-oriented?"
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1