• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Whenever Our Eyes Meet GN

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pharmboy23

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Ah, thanks for the reminder that this is coming out.

I’m hoping I like this one a bit better than Eclair. My general experience with short-form yuri is that I don’t like it; I wasn’t enamoured with either Now Loading OR I Married My Best Friend To Shut My Parents Up. I think the only one that really hit for me was Beauty and the Beast Girl, which I was super pleased to see got turned into a series. I like the slow burns with character development.

Have you read Eve x Eve yet, by chance?
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:52 pm Reply with quote
pharmboy23 wrote:

Have you read Eve x Eve yet, by chance?

Read and written a review. Smile I liked it, in part because of the relative novelty of a much more sexually explicit yuri book in English translation (I've read many more in French), but also because the creator took a lot more risks with plots in each story.

I did like this book better than Eclair; I thought it had a bit more variety. Yen's got a few more yuri one-shots coming out in the next couple of months, so it'll be interesting to see how those are.
Florete

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Got this one in the mail the other day, will read soon.

It's pretty nice seeing reviews of these yuri one-shots/anthologies on the site that probably wouldn't get a whole lot of attention normally. Also, looks like irua is a name I need to look further into...
pharmboy23

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:
Yen's got a few more yuri one-shots coming out in the next couple of months, so it'll be interesting to see how those are.

That’s good to hear. I do wish we’d get some more ongoing series though...

I mean, I know we’re getting more, I just really enjoy yuri for some reason.

I’ll check out Eve x Eve though!
pharmboy23

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:17 am Reply with quote
Wow, this was a LOT better than Eclair for me. It might have been the novelty of older working women being such a change of pace, but I enjoyed this the whole way through.

I really wish that last story about the mail worker and the PR company woman was a full on one shot or series though; it felt like it had a lot of potential.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1