• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town GBA Games Get Switch Remake in October

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:30 pm Reply with quote
YES YES YES YES YES!!! I am SO buying this the first day it comes out in the US!!! I am NOT passing this up no matter what! Very Happy
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:57 pm Reply with quote
I really hope this comes to the US! I'd love to replay a remake of these games, because I remember putting hours and hours into them and loved them. So to have them remade and on the Switch where I can play it, it'd be so darn cool!
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
I really hope this comes to the US! I'd love to replay a remake of these games, because I remember putting hours and hours into them and loved them. So to have them remade and on the Switch where I can play it, it'd be so darn cool!

They'd have to come over as Story of Seasons games, but I think enough of the US Harvest Moon playerbase is in the know about the brand split that it wouldn't be a problem.
Redlinks

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:16 pm Reply with quote
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
Aura Ichadora wrote:

They'd have to come over as Story of Seasons games, but I think enough of the US Harvest Moon playerbase is in the know about the brand split that it wouldn't be a problem.

I don't think it needs to be renamed Story of Seasons. Honestly, it should just be kept as Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral Town or whatever title the Japanese version is. But Yeah, even if it does get renamed, most fans will probably know what it is. I also hope that they'll keep the music the same or at least similar to the GBA version. Either way, I'm super stoked about this release. I may even purchase it in Japanese and make this my first import purchase.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Redlinks wrote:
I don't think it needs to be renamed Story of Seasons. Honestly, it should just be kept as Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral Town or whatever title the Japanese version is.

Impossible, as the franchise's former US distributor owns the name "Harvest Moon", so when the franchise changed US distributors in 2014, the Japanese developers lost the rights to use that name in the US.
Lizuka

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:57 am Reply with quote
I'm guessing they'll probably need to rename the characters, I'd assume Natsume owns the English names given to them. Acceptable compromise though, especially given some of the redesigns are very different.

Hoping they reincorporate some things that FoMT cut from Back to Nature, like the puppies event, the Tomato Festival, and the hothouse.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1