• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Blade of the Immortal Anime Reveals 9 More Cast Members

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jinbei

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Ehhhhhhhh..... This may sound as though I'm crapping on certain voice actors here(I'm NOT, mind you), but aside from Jouji Nakata as Habaki and Tomokazu Seki as Soori-sensei, the other choices weren't that....y'know... great...

I wanted Shira's seiyuu, for example, to be someone from whom you can tell at first 3 syllables, that he's a mean-ass S.O.B. In the old series, Shinichiro Miki had that part nailed. Of course, I haven't heard Nara-san's voice in other roles than the buff guy from HeroAca, but I truly wish Shira didn't sound like that...

And yes, I apologize for sounding so spoiled and nitpicky, but after reading the series for 15+ years, I have cemented a certain mental sound file in my head that "dictates" how each character should sound like. Unfair, yes, but It's hard to give up those mental images after all these years.

All in all, I believe the show will be stellar. but you will see me here in the comment section steadily, whenever a batch of new cast is revealed ^^
connysanada

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Didn't Seki also do Manji in the 2008 series too?
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:59 pm Reply with quote
How dare they use Seki Tomokazu as a side character!!!
This trend of recasting VA when the VA in question is still fully healthy/active etc is downright sickening!
Amarantine

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:26 am Reply with quote
Damn, I wanted Kouichi Yamadera as Shira.

Also Norio Wakamoto as Kagimura, but Jouji Nakata should do nicely as well.
AnimusPrime

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:29 am Reply with quote
I was most interested to see who would be cast as Gi'ichi (the absolute badass). Finding out that it's Gazef Stroneff from Overlord... hm, interesting choice. Gazef is indeed a badass, but not quite the same kind of badass. Would've expected a more soft-spoken one, like Kiritsugu Emiya from Fate/Zero.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1