• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - The Spooky Season

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SonicFanA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:53 pm Reply with quote
For Special 7 Nanae Chrono did the original character design. She is the author of Peacemaker. I think the Peacemaker tv anime and movies adapted her designs well.

About Blade of the Immortal, was the old anime bad? I haven't seen anyone mention it when talking about the new one.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Well the wait for new Haikyuu won't be long. The 4th season comes out in the upcoming Winter season. Certainly looking forward to it myself.

Glad to see Lynzee enjoying F/GO: Babylonia and being able to follow along even without playing the game. Beyond the overarching plot that connects them, the plots and characters of each Singularity are fairly self contained, so you don't necessarily need to know what happened in the previous ones to understand what's going on or who you are dealing with, though their choices in adaptation have left Mash's development a bit abridged and out of order. As someone who is anime only for the rest of the Fate franchise, I do not share fans of the original source material's feelings towards newcomers. To me, seeing people experience the story for the first time is half the fun of this adaptation, so why would I not welcome those who haven't played the game? I do not believe I am alone in that sentiment among those who have played F/GO, from what I have seen on this site.
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Saw Promare in a Saturday-morning matinee. Maybe 30 people in the audience.

The audience applauded at the end.

Zack is right in his comments about the film, this movie is Trigger distilled and served neat.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1