• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rent-A-Girlfriend, Seitokai Yakuindomo Manga Both Have 'Important Announcement' on December 25

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morry

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:57 am Reply with quote
We already know. The anime is coming.
topgun97

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:55 am Reply with quote
Very good news. If you go on youtube and look up Paolo from Tokyo, he has a video where if spends a day with the author of the Rent ad Girlfriend manga. It's a very good video. Nice to see that his manga is possibly getting an anime.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:04 pm Reply with quote
So I dropped this manga after I think 5 chapters because the unbelievable number of coincidences that happened between the two leads. spoiler[The two living that close together was the last straw]. Can anyone tell me if that calms down later on? because I did enjoy small parts like the girl working on her profession, so I'd be really glad to hear it's not just gonna be hard plot conveniences the whole time.
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Treeborn wrote:
So I dropped this manga after I think 5 chapters because the unbelievable number of coincidences that happened between the two leads. spoiler[The two living that close together was the last straw]. Can anyone tell me if that calms down later on? because I did enjoy small parts like the girl working on her profession, so I'd be really glad to hear it's not just gonna be hard plot conveniences the whole time.

Congrats, you have successfully dodged a bullet, because the main Male protagonist would descend to a new low one arc after another, to insufferable level, and more and more “rental girlfriends” appear to make this unnecessarily harem-like. I am struggling to find a redeeming quality off him and if you look closer to manga discussion, as well as the discussion after the anime announcement, majority shares the same sentiments, the only reason made some stick around are girls’ designs
Treeborn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:

Congrats, you have successfully dodged a bullet, because the main Male protagonist would descend to a new low one arc after another, to insufferable level, and more and more “rental girlfriends” appear to make this unnecessarily harem-like. I am struggling to find a redeeming quality off him and if you look closer to manga discussion, as well as the discussion after the anime announcement, majority shares the same sentiments, the only reason made some stick around are girls’ designs

Well that's a bummer to read. I rarely come across series about college students, and even more rare are quality ones. Would have been cool if this salvaged itself, but I did see early off-putting signs, hence the early drop. Thanks for the heads up bud.
Firefly251

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Treeborn wrote:

girl guy likes is evil and wants him just cause, mc falls for rental girl, guys friends rental gf falls for mc and causes issues by revealing herself to mc's grandma when mc and neighbor rental were meeting her.

its more crazy.
Hikifroggy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:23 am Reply with quote
i gotta give credit to ANN for giving me stuff to read.

Rent-A-Girlfriend is dumb/crazy but interesting enough to read...
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:00 am Reply with quote
Morry wrote:
We already know. The anime is coming.

The trend with announcements of a series having an "important announcement" tends to be that it is getting anime or another anime adaptation, a spin-off series, or it is ending. So, why do they use "special announcements", outside of NDA-type issues?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1