• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Claymore (TV).

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:23 pm Reply with quote

Claymore (TV)

Genres: action, drama, fantasy
Themes: female warriors, medieval, monsters, revenge, swordplay, tragedy

Plot Summary: In a world rife with deadly creatures called "youma", a young silver eyed woman, Clare, works on behalf of an organisation that trains female youma halfbreeds into warriors with the ability to destroy these creatures. Considered a rogue for picking up a stray child & almost losing herself to her youma side by "Awakening", she is constantly assigned rather dangerous missions...
----------------------------------

Well, were coming up very close to the day (I belive it's on the 3rd, but I've also heard the 4th) when the Claymore anime debuts, something I, as well as a lot of people I'm sure, have been anticipating for some time now. Because of which, I've decided to start a discussion thread in anticipation of it, and when it actually airs, a discussion about the series itself and the comparison to the manga, or if you're new to the series, a discussion about the series itself.

I've read the manga to about volume 6 (hopefully 7 very soon) and personally, Claymore is really starting to become one of my favorite series right now, as I really like the awesome monster battles, good story and dramatic elements in sort of a dark tone. Just simply a really awesome shonen/fantasy action/adventure series.

[EDIT: Added a link to the Encyc. entry for easy refference. -TK]
DKL

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:08 pm Reply with quote
I saw the trailer for this one... quality of the video aside, it looked really awesome and had some neat art (MADHOUSE for the EXTREME WIN!).

I think I'll follow this one too (yeah, I gotta get into the whole fansub thing sooner or later... but I do it off youtube though because of my laziness).
digitalkikka

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:25 pm Reply with quote
DKL wrote:
(MADHOUSE for the EXTREME WIN!).

I loves me some MADHOUSE. Claymore and DMC? They're just too much. Cool

BrothersElric wrote:
Well, were coming up very close to the day

I can't believe it'll be here so soon. Claymore is one of the 2007 series I'm most anticipating and to see it's tentative air date approaching is exciting. The manga had me hooked after the first chapter and I'm hoping the anime will be equally engrossing. I can't wait.
DKL

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:08 pm Reply with quote
I dunno... Death Note seemed really good to me, so I guess we can at least anticipate that there's the possiblity that we'll get the same amount of quality here...

That said, I noticed that some of the directors for new Madhouse projects tend to be people that use to be regular Madhouse animators or something... it's pretty interesting seeing a lot of new people taking up direction since it'll help add to the range of style the studio already has.

Also... I wonder if this and Death Note is the start of a long relationship with Shone Jump Advance titles?

Who knows?
Facade19

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Once I heard that Madhouse took charge of Claymore, my anticipation for the actual series to begin grew intensly.
Next week baby!
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Facade19 wrote:
Once I heard that Madhouse took charge of Claymore, my anticipation for the actual series to begin grew intensly.
Next week baby!

Me too Madhouse has really done some great work as of late, and while I know little to nothing about Claymore what I've heard has sparked my interest to check out this series once it's been released.
Facade19

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
Facade19 wrote:
Next week baby!

Me too Madhouse has really done some great work as of late, and while I know little to nothing about Claymore what I've heard has sparked my interest to check out this series once it's been released.

Madhouse did my fav anime up to this day: Texhnolyze.
I always have high expectation of Madhouse.
kolibri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Madhouse rocks my boat. I haven't read any Claymore but everything I've heard about it makes me want to check it out... My preference is to watch anime first anyway, so this suits me just fine. Does anyone know how many episodes have been planned, and how much of the manga are they intending to cover?
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Well, the only thing I've ever seen from Madhouse is Death Note, but based from the animation in it, the animation should be very good. Also, just like DKL have seen the trailer, and the animation looks really good.

Quote:
Does anyone know how many episodes have been planned, and how much of the manga are they intending to cover?

That's actually something I was wondering myself. I only know how many volumes there are based on the American releases (up to 7), so I don't really know if it's a long or short series either. But Madhouse did follow the Death Note manga pretty much to a fault, so I'm only assuming they'll do the same with Claymore.

As for some awesome news, I took a look at the ANN encyclopedia, and Romi Paku is set to do the voice of spoiler[Teresa of the faint smile]! Can't wait to hear that one!
Jedi General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:01 pm Reply with quote
This is one the new titles I'm looking forward to the most. I've read 7 volumes of the manga, and I cannot wait. I love that that Madhouse is doing the animation. After seeing Death Note, it makes me even more excited to see this.

DKL wrote:
I saw the trailer for this one... quality of the video aside, it looked really awesome and had some neat art (MADHOUSE for the EXTREME WIN!).

I just watched the trailer on YouTube. Looks pretty slick.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DKL

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know where we can get a direct-feed version of the trailer?

I mean, the DMC trailer showed up soon enough, so I'm assuming that it should be the same here...

Anyway, this starts in just a few more days... can't wait to see this.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Shocked Wow. It looks like Madhouse went all out. Everything I saw looked amazing. Very good adaptions of the manga character designs and stunning animation.

A quick question though. Does anyone have an idea of how many episodes there are going to be? Someone's added four episode titles to the encyclopedia and, if they're accurate, it would appear that they will be covering a lot of manga material early on. Looks like the first volume and all of the Darkness in Paradise arc in just four episodes. Yikes.

At that rate, they could cover nearly every volume that's out in just twenty odd episodes. Which would suck in my opinion as this is a series I'd like to see be nice and long. (I was kind of hoping this would be one of those absurdly long shonen series, like Bleach. I mean, you could easily stretch out any of the regular arcs and it's not like you can't make all kinds of filler arcs.)

Anyway, one way or the other, I'm watching it when it comes out and the second it gets licensed, I'm going to start saving up for the DVDs. Anime hyper
Jedi General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
Shocked Wow. It looks like Madhouse went all out. Everything I saw looked amazing. Very good adaptions of the manga character designs and stunning animation.

A quick question though. Does anyone have an idea of how many episodes there are going to be? Someone's added four episode titles to the encyclopedia and, if they're accurate, it would appear that they will be covering a lot of manga material early on. Looks like the first volume and all of the Darkness in Paradise arc in just four episodes. Yikes.

At that rate, they could cover nearly every volume that's out in just twenty odd episodes. Which would suck in my opinion as this is a series I'd like to see be nice and long. (I was kind of hoping this would be one of those absurdly long shonen series, like Bleach. I mean, you could easily stretch out any of the regular arcs and it's not like you can't make all kinds of filler arcs.)

Anyway, one way or the other, I'm watching it when it comes out and the second it gets licensed, I'm going to start saving up for the DVDs. Anime hyper

I've been wondering about the number of episodes myself, as I can't find such information anywhere. I sure hope this series isn't compacted into 20 episodes or so because it really would be a disservice to the original manga. I'm hoping for a nice long series (FMA length would be nice). But I wouldn't mind if it were as long as a show like Bleach. I've never really gotten so much into a show of that length where I follow it intently from episode to episode.

Last edited by Jedi General on Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EVA fiend

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Sweet, one of my favourite animation houses is handling the production of my current favourite manga series, awesome!! Anime hyper I am really looking forward to the gore-splattered monsterfest that this has the potential of becoming.

Richard J. wrote:
(I was kind of hoping this would be one of those absurdly long shonen series, like Bleach. I mean, you could easily stretch out any of the regular arcs and it's not like you can't make all kinds of filler arcs.)

Nooo!! I can't abide series that go on ad nauseum, as I need my anime to end, so I hope that Claymore is a finite anime series. The manga is currently at vol. 12 in Japan (vol. 7 has only just been released in the US), so I'm sure there's enough material to fill at least 26 episodes.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:12 pm Reply with quote
12 volumes, eh? And still going from the sound of it. It sounds to me like there's a possibility it will be a pretty long series, at least in manga form anyways. I don't really care about the length of a series anyways so I probably won't care how long it is, unless of course it has anything to do with following the manga or not.

However, I do think that 7 volumes in just 20 some aught episodes (Shocked) is rushing it a little bit.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 65