However, the console game market began to turn around in 2017.
And what launched in 2017?
Here's a hint:
The highest-selling games in Japan in 2019 were:
1. Pokémon Sword & Shield with 3,725,694 copies
2. Super Smash Brothers Ultimate with 1,371,979 copies,
4. Super Mario Maker 2 (963,104 copies)
6. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe (829,538 copies),
8. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (782,735 copies)
10.Luigi's Mansion 3 (596,429 copies).
Oh yeah and 5. (Monster Hunter) , 7. (Monter Hunter) and 9. (Minecraft) are also available on the Switch. I knew that the first person shooter game and sports game heavy XBox was practically irrelevant in Japan but what about Playstation? Oh yeah. Run by the same company that runs Funimation, meaning the ones who gave neither Dragon Ball Z: Broly or MHA: Heroes Rising full releases in America, costing themselves tens of millions of dollars in revenue. AND the one who is giving up on a game streaming service without even trying, leaving that market to Microsoft, Google, Nvidia and (at some point we all know) Amazon meaning that in 5-10 years they will be almost irrelevant in gaming. There's your answer.