• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Advertorial: The 5 Coolest Gunpla Coming to Premium Bandai

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jtiskool305

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Just put my preorder down for Deathscythe, Titanium Destiny and Varguil!
Can't wait to get my hands on them! They're all so beautiful
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:00 am Reply with quote
Unfortunately, being without a job right now, I can't spend my money on 'fun stuff'. Crying or Very sad But man, do I want that Deathscythe! And even though I've never seen SEED, I am in love with that Titanium Destiny...those wings are just to die for!

I'll just finish my Heavyarms and Epyon in the meantime and be happy, heh.
Gasero

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:44 pm Reply with quote
I haven't watched Gundam Wing in many years, but those Gundam designs are still the coolest ones to me. Deathscythe gets me every time. Scythes and gundams, it's tough to get cooler than that.

Perhaps it might be time for me to collect a couple gundam models.
meiam

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Gasero wrote:
I haven't watched Gundam Wing in many years, but those Gundam designs are still the coolest ones to me. Deathscythe gets me every time. Scythes and gundams, it's tough to get cooler than that.

Perhaps it might be time for me to collect a couple gundam models.

This is a variant that wasn't featured in the show (it's from the OVA instead). If you want those they can be found much cheaper (amazon is simplest). These are premium bandai and are more expensive version since they're available for limited amount of print (until they do a re-print which may or may not happen).
Gasero

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:50 pm Reply with quote
This is a variant that wasn't featured in the show (it's from the OVA instead). If you want those they can be found much cheaper (amazon is simplest). These are premium bandai and are more expensive version since they're available for limited amount of print (until they do a re-print which may or may not happen).

I still have a cheap toy model of the Deathscythe Endless Waltz version. If I were to purchase a model today, I prefer a more detailed model. One thing I still don't like about EW Deathscythe is the "clown shoes"
meiam

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Gasero wrote:

I still have a cheap toy model of the Deathscythe Endless Waltz version. If I were to purchase a model today, I prefer a more detailed model. One thing I still don't like about EW Deathscythe is the "clown shoes"

Premium bandai aren't more detailed, they're just variant of already existing model for the most part. In this case it's the MG deathscythe EW version (https://www.hlj.com/1-100-scale-mg-gundam-deathscythe-ew-version-ban964564) with the wing from the wing EW (https://www.hlj.com/1-100-scale-mg-xxxg-01w-wing-gundam-ew-ver-ban969489).

Sadly the clown shoes are present in one form or another in every version. The TV show version of the deathscythe were never made in MG form so only the crappy version exist. (the closest one you can find is from a 3rd party company that made a modified version of the deathscythe hell TV version (but since this is an ad for bandai I want mention anymore Laughing ).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1