• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shout! Factory Streams Trailer for Kamen Rider Kuuga Show for Launch on TokuSHOUTsu Channel

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tfwnoymir

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 9:15 am Reply with quote
US and Canada only... of course.
murdock_tm

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 2:18 pm Reply with quote
http://www.shoutfactorytv.com/series/kamen-rider-kuuga

Entire series available for watching here ^
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 5:20 pm Reply with quote
So how does this one stack up to the rest of the series? Asking because I never watched a single Kamen Rider series and wonder if this is a good starting point.
omegafinal

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 5:49 pm Reply with quote
ZelosZoidberg wrote:
So how does this one stack up to the rest of the series? Asking because I never watched a single Kamen Rider series and wonder if this is a good starting point.
Only watched a few episodes, but it's good. Heard from a couple other people who watched the whole thing said that it is one of the best installments. Tonally, it is one of the darker ones (Most of the early Heisei era installments tend to be), but still tailored to an older kids demographic (so don't expect something like Amazons or Shin). Also, since this is the first Heisei era Rider, couldn't think of a better spot to start on.

Last edited by omegafinal on Sun May 03, 2020 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 8:27 pm Reply with quote
As a newbie to Kamen Rider, I've been enjoying Kuuga a lot. I like it's dark moody atmosphere and how emotional it can be at times and it has an intriguing mystery. The show is giving me an X-Files vibe that I like. Now I wish they would bring over Kamen Rider W which was the first Rider series I watched any of.
seoulman1985

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 9:07 pm Reply with quote
As the first Rider series of the 21st century, it takes a lot of its tone and style from much of the series that ran from 1971 to 1989. Since the 2010s or so, Rider has gotten quite dynamic and gimmicky with the belts and weapons, so while those can be easy to pick up, Kuuga is a good starting point for a simple Rider series that doesn't get lost in the gimmicks, whistles, and bells.

It's only after the series continued its success that they started getting even more far out and awesome, to what we know it as today.
GNPixie

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 9:35 pm Reply with quote
ZelosZoidberg wrote:

Absolutely a good start point since its a soft reboot after Rider's pseudo hibernation in the 90s. Kuuga's fairly unique in tone as well.
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 2:45 am Reply with quote
ZelosZoidberg wrote:

If you haven't Watched it, this is the one to start with. Kuuga's my favorite Rider series.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 2:51 am Reply with quote
That reminds me, I really gotta continue watching Zero-One.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1