• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'Night is Short, Walk on Girl' Anime Film's English Dub Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Sweet, I am hyped for this dub! It has a lot of my fav actors in it (Tony Oliver, Kyle McCarley, Ben Pronsky)!

My only question though, I bought the sub only bluray (didn't realize it was sub only), but could definitely see myself enjoying a dub more. I'm honestly surprised they didn't dub it at the time, so I'm wondering if GKids has any plans to do a dub bluray or let people exchange/upgrade or what

Also, speaking of GKids, omgggg y'all should watch Wolfwalkers, it is an AMAZING film and my fav of the Cartoon Saloon films. I can't wait to but that when they finally release it on BD (seriously, Apple TV+? who uses that?)
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:42 pm Reply with quote
I never expected to see a film in the Tatami Galaxy-verse dubbed. I wonder if it ending up on HBOMax factored into that.

I'm kind of curious if they ever dub Tatami Galaxy that they'd retain some of the VA's for the same characters who are in it.

It's cool to see Jackie Lastra as the female lead and Kellen Goff in a "romantic" role. Having a pro VA doing the voiceover for the male lead versus the sub is kind of interesting.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:34 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
It's cool to see Jackie Lastra as the female lead and Kellen Goff in a "romantic" role. Having a pro VA doing the voiceover for the male lead versus the sub is kind of interesting.

What'd really be cool if they listed those two roles in the article alongside the rest of the cast announcements.
JRPictures

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Yeah you guys forgot to include the actual main cast group here: https://twitter.com/GKIDSfilms/status/1346900393134067714

Black Haired Girl: Jackie Lastra
Senpai: Kellen Goff
Higuchi: Paul Guyet
Hanuki: Carrie Keranen
Don Underwear: Patrick Seitz
Director of School Festival Operations: Eddy Lee

Also the tweet you guys linked was deleted, GKIDS replaced it because they misspelled Griffin Puatu's surname in the original.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1