• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - To the Moon!

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OtherSideofSky

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Kickstarter success story and Suikoden spiritual successor Eiyuden Chronicles has found a publishing partner in 505 Games, who previously handled titles like Indivisible and Bloodstained. You can all breathe a sigh of relief knowing that Deep Silver is not involved.

Didn't 505 drop the ball on a bunch of stuff for both Indivisible and Bloodstained?
AmpersandsUnited

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:53 pm Reply with quote
OtherSideofSky wrote:
Didn't 505 drop the ball on a bunch of stuff for both Indivisible and Bloodstained?

Can't comment on Indivisible but I don't recall any issues with Bloodstained outside the Switch port being a bit iffy, but that was more on the devs than the publisher and they eventually patched it.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:10 pm Reply with quote
OtherSideofSky wrote:
Quote:
Kickstarter success story and Suikoden spiritual successor Eiyuden Chronicles has found a publishing partner in 505 Games, who previously handled titles like Indivisible and Bloodstained. You can all breathe a sigh of relief knowing that Deep Silver is not involved.

I am more thinking about control ghost runner and others. but those are more applicable
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:55 pm Reply with quote
-FFXIV: It's still wild how Yoshida managed to turn this from a laughingstock to the premier title in the franchise and now they're wrapping up a ten year saga. Heck, the game has been going for so long now they have to squish the stats because the numbers became too absurd for the coding to handle. Looking forward to what a post-Hydaelyn story will be like
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:01 pm Reply with quote
I get the impression they chose 505 due to IGA's past success with Bloodstained. So basically, their ex-boss/ex-colleague/acquaintance was the one who recommended them to them.

But yeah, I agree. At least it isn't Deep Silver.
Covnam

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Well, I only just got up to the beginning chapters of Stormblood (up to the new area) before my subscription expired and haven't gone back (MMOs are such a time sink!), but still hope to play again in the future and it's nice to see a major plot line wrapping up with the next expansion.
That funnel healer doesn't look to exciting to me though, so hopefully the other new class is better.
I hope those blue elephants play the keyboard Laughing
Hopefully I can get to (and through) the Nier content the next time I play =)
El Hermano

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:53 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
That funnel healer doesn't look to exciting to me though, so hopefully the other new class is better.

Sage is certainly odd since it's nothing like the Sage job of previous games. It's more closer to Psychic from X-2. Not sure why they used that name for it.
wolf10

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:01 am Reply with quote
El Hermano wrote:
Sage is certainly odd since it's nothing like the Sage job of previous games. It's more closer to Psychic from X-2. Not sure why they used that name for it.
The current (and probably correct) theory is that it's from Sharlayan, which is an island nation of "sages" and other scholastic types. Not really an explanation, I guess, but it's all we have to work with.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:01 am Reply with quote
Too late to make this week's column, but the RPG Evenicle 2's English release got banned from Steam: http://operationrainfall.com/2021/02/12/evenicle-2-ban/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:11 am Reply with quote
That is a sure thing! They had to choose 505 because of the success IGA had with Bloodstained. I mean, let's be honest, this game has got some insane marks like 5/5 or 10/10 on a lot of platforms. People really enjoyed this game, so did I. I mean, even on google, this game has a 94% rating, that is really insane. So, it is a certain thing that 505 did an awesome thing with this game. However, you could actually find a lot of hacks and trainers for this game. I remember, the first time I found trainers for it, it was on https://wallhax.com/trainers/ . That is the only thing that I did not like about Bloodstained.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1