• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Premieres Mars Red, Moriarty the Patriot Part 2 Anime 1 Week Ahead of Japanese Debu

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ab2143

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:59 am Reply with quote
Cool. Will be able to watch the first episode of Mars Red on my birthday heh
Zeino

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:00 am Reply with quote
Funimation sure is staking alot on Mars Red. Here's hoping that it turns out to better than Sirius the Jaeger which has already been consigned to obscurity.
Nom De Plume De Fanboy
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Just watched the first ep, so a couple first impressions/opinions. Took its time and created an atmosphere as well as the look of that time. Pretty high production values, mixed 2D and 3D well. That maybe was helped by there not being a lot of violent action. Not gory or attempting to be super creepy, which I like. ( I'm not a horror fan. ) I don't know, but the main character seems a tough guy with a tragic romantic past type; that's a pretty big guess, but minor spoiler[ more than once he says a woman's name when he's surprised.]

It doesn't jump in and spell everything out right away, so a mystery/thriller sort of thing. I hope, anyway. There may be some swords used eventually.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1