• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Stream Battle Athletes Victory ReSTART! Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:00 pm Reply with quote
I had a feeling it would either be Funimation or Crunchyroll. Looking forward!
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:32 pm Reply with quote
I assume they won't be out sourcing the dub to LA. Then again i don't even know how many could even reprise their roles, it was an old dub after all.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:48 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
I assume they won't be out sourcing the dub to LA. Then again i don't even know how many could even reprise their roles, it was an old dub after all.

While unlikely, it is possible some of the VA for the OG Eng. dubs will reprise their roles.
Levonr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:34 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:

It sucks that Lia Sargent stopped Sad She voiced Akari in the TV series and was MUCH better than the voice of Akari in the OVA I thought. Although I don't expect the cast to return for this reboot, FUNimation will dub it with a new cast I'm sure.
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Oh no, not them...
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:

While unlikely, it is possible some of the VA for the OG Eng. dubs will reprise their roles.

You realize this new show takes place in the original show's far-off future, right? It's all new characters here (although that sportscaster guy admittedly looks familiar enough)
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:22 pm Reply with quote
pachy_boy wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:

You realize this new show takes place in the original show's far-off future, right? It's all new characters here (although that sportscaster guy admittedly looks familiar enough)

It's Battle Athletes Victory, nothing is off the table. The previous series had one generation Xerox with a dead relative... and then that happened... and this one has EVERYONE.

I don't know if the more obvious thing to occur is the most obvious thing to happen or not or rather, I don't if I would be more surprised if THAT didn't happen again or if it did so spoiler[cloning the entire team that previously beat you after just cloning a single person? While it makes sense, doesn't it just mean your pride as alien species is dead?].
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1