• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club TV Anime Gets 2nd Season in 2022

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 7:18 am Reply with quote
Neat! We're actually getting a new Love Live season back-to-back (well, for this and next year). I wonder if this is where Shiroriko Mifune, Lanzhu Zhong, and Mia Taylor will be introduced.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 7:37 am Reply with quote
Yaaaay!! The only Love Live series I've ever watched, let alone actually love, is getting a second season! Hallelujah!!!

Now if only FUNi would dub the first season already.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:07 am Reply with quote
WOOHOO! I figured it’d get a second season but it’s nice to get official confirmation.
Nate148

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:21 am Reply with quote
yay theses dorks will be back
Bayuro2.0

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 9:45 am Reply with quote
Technically speaking, Kasumi almost own season one because of her Nico Yazawa like antics. I hope that her screen time get moderated and Ayumu must step-up her presence more this next season. Besides, Ayumu is the Nijigasaki's real poster girl, not Kasumi.

Nate148 wrote:
yay theses dorks will be back

For what you said I can only see Kasumi.
John the Dark Lord

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 10:02 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Neat! We're actually getting a new Love Live season back-to-back (well, for this and next year). I wonder if this is where Shiroriko Mifune, Lanzhu Zhong, and Mia Taylor will be introduced.

I would like to see Shioriko too, but if they also bring Lanzhu this season... oh boy, reading the comments will be more fun than watching the anime.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 10:56 am Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
WOOHOO! I figured it’d get a second season but it’s nice to get official confirmation.

I never got the sense that it was getting another season, especially with Superstar coming soon.
harminia

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Saw this coming haha

hoping we get the shioriko and friends arc for this season
zrdb

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 9:07 pm Reply with quote
It really doesn't matter to me one way or another as this is easily the weakest and most forgettable show in the Love Live franchise so far.
Lynx Raven Raide

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 9:24 pm Reply with quote
zrdb wrote:
It really doesn't matter to me one way or another as this is easily the weakest and most forgettable show in the Love Live franchise so far.

Completely disagree. The change of tone and style was a breath of fresh air in what was starting to become a stale franchise, which I hope Superstar continues too.

The only criticism I have of it is the fact there were too many individual episodes and little overall story, though then again we aren't dealing with a group like the others but individuals.
GhostStalkerSA

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 9:30 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

I never got the sense that it was getting another season, especially with Superstar coming soon.

I mean, we were definitely gonna get an announcement of something given 3rd Live was this weekend. Still, I get it; Niji wasn’t even supposed to get an anime in the first place, but there’s more than enough material for a Season 2.

Liella in July and Niji season 2 in 2022. Love Live fans still being fed great content.
Taiyz

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:59 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
I wonder if this is where Shiroriko Mifune, Lanzhu Zhong, and Mia Taylor will be introduced.
That would definitely be a game changer; keeping my fingers crossed for Mia in particular, I adored "I’m Still...".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1