• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bringing Manila Folk-Horror to Life: TRESE Director Jay Oliva, Creators Kajo Baldisimo and Budjette

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
secondkas

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:50 am Reply with quote
I'm so impressed by the effort the creators gave to have their once indie komik reach this point. Looking forward to season 2 and hopefully other original Filipino stories will follow soon.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:32 am Reply with quote
Solid show. 7.5/10. Looking forward to his and Zack Snyder's future projects and more Trese of course. And to him taking down toxic critics on Twitter. Jay trashing that WB employee who accused Snyder (and thus also Olivia) of running a sweatshop due to saying that animation gives more freedom than live action was king tier.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
donhumberto

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Just got done watching this. Pretty damn solid show indeed, but I kinda wish it had been longer (although it does have a satisfying ending). I really hope the teaser we get at the end of the credits in the last episode means we are getting S2 down the line. Oh, and absolutely LOVED the OP. Truly one of the best OP's I've heard in ages.
Turro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Great show, loved the Philippine Dub.
My only complaint is that it should have been a longer season.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:19 pm Reply with quote
The show feels cheaply made with less then impressive performances when it comes to the overall voice direction of the show. The pacing of the first episode alone was all over the place maybe the graphic novel itself is compelling but the show certainly didn't reflect that to me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1