• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid Manga Gets Shmup Game Next Spring

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Covnam

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:23 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if it will be similar to the ending of the shorts Laughing
Mamono Hunter Yo Bro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:27 pm Reply with quote
This is unexpectedly awesome! I'll gladly import it. Hope we get the fhána songs as 8-bit instrumentals.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:49 am Reply with quote
Well, assuming it will be not entirely dissimilar to Raiden V gameplay-wise, I guess this one might be semi-approachable for those of us without the kind of preternatural Newtype-tier reflexes needed to get halfway through even just the first level of "Bullet Hell"-type shmups.

Not that I was very good at shmups when I was a teenager when I occasionally played them on the Sega Genesis back in the early 1990s but now that I'm umm... quite a few years out of my teenage years, I'm even more terrible at shmups like Thunder Force III and Darius II playing them on the Genesis Mini (and also Phelios on cartridge played on an actual Genesis Model II). Maybe I'd pick the Dragon Maid shmup if it crosses the Pacific and shows up in the Walmart PS4 bargain bin but that will really only be for the cuteness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:03 am Reply with quote
Tiny correction: Funimation released Season 1 on Blu-ray and DVD in 2018 and then it got re-released on Blu-ray in 2020 through the Classics line.
coates32
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:34 pm Reply with quote
I never would have expected this to get a video game. I hope it is good.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1