• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
(The) World's Finest Assassin (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:46 am Reply with quote

(The) World's Finest Assassin (TV)

Genres: action, fantasy
Themes:

Plot Summary: When a great assassin is reborn in another world, he finds himself the heir to a long line of killers from the shadows. With both his modern-day knowledge and experience and the special magic and techniques of this new world, he could very well become the most unstoppable assassin in history.

Oct. 6, 2021 (Wednesdays; Crunchyroll)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
camseyeview140

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:25 am Reply with quote
you know, hearing how the anime is based on another light novel from that incel author of Redo of a Healer, it makes so much sense why the first half of the first episode is so try hard and trashy as ever-loving hell.

It then takes the second half to explain how our hero got here.

I think if this show didn't have the one really good hook, this would be nothing more than just edgy try hard trash. It seems more earnest that it's trash, but idk, I'm getting ready to be prepared for this show to either accept itself for what it is, or just go straight into the toilet like Redo of a Healer did from page 1.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:21 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

Another little sister? Did the series think that if she was made a big sister then a girl would be given authority over him and he would be less cool, so they just threw something in about her looking young. Kind of continued a thought that I have had that the way this series does female characters is kind of weird.

I wish that I had more to say. That it started sort of interesting, but something about it became more pedestrian as it went on, even though it tried to make itself more interesting. I was kind of confused when suddenly Lugh was saying that he was in love with someone and it apparently became his main goal, which felt kind of weird for how he was set up. I would have thought that seeing him thaw out and actually let himself love someone would be the more interesting bit, rather than it feeling like it all happened off screen. Along with the whole harem thing of girls that saved from their terrible fates so of course they would adore him, and even sleep in the same bed, and oh no he had a wet dream which must be so embarrassing.

My rating is Decent (6/10). At least aesthetically it looked pretty okay.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1