• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: World's End Harem Anime's Episode 2 and Later Delayed to January

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
09jcg

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:49 pm Reply with quote
This seems REAL late in the game to postpone it. I wonder if the content was too extreme for the broadcasters? As far as the western release is concerned, it definitely feels like something that would have been more at home on Hi Dive than crunchy
DRosencraft

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:11 pm Reply with quote
I will confess that I have no knowledge of the source material. The description, however, sounds more like a hentai plot than a mainstream anime, so I question how this ever got promoted to such a level. I have some minor faith that back in the day this could have been done as a mostly harmless romcom, but given the penchant of anime of the last half decade or so to be as explicit as possible, I can't see this going anywhere meaningful.

It's curious that it got pulled the day before launch. The content question is an alluring culprit, but this isn't a streaming service pulling the plug, but the whole series being delayed a season. This seems more like a production issue, and a fairly major and sudden one seeing that it didn't get pulled until the day before launch. You would assume at least the first few episodes are in the can, so it would have to be something wrong with a fairly early episode for them to feel like they can't do anything to fix it in time.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Seems like they're trying to avoid another interspecies reviewers situation, and I don't blame them
Key

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:21 pm Reply with quote
DRosencraft wrote:
I have some minor faith that back in the day this could have been done as a mostly harmless romcom. . .

I have read the first manga volume. It takes itself much too seriously to be suitable as a romcom set-up.

Quote:
It's curious that it got pulled the day before launch. The content question is an alluring culprit, but this isn't a streaming service pulling the plug, but the whole series being delayed a season. This seems more like a production issue, and a fairly major and sudden one seeing that it didn't get pulled until the day before launch. You would assume at least the first few episodes are in the can, so it would have to be something wrong with a fairly early episode for them to feel like they can't do anything to fix it in time.

Yeah, the timing is so odd here (has a series ever before been delayed for a season less than 24 hours before its scheduled debut?) that it begs for more detail.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:26 pm Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
Seems like they're trying to avoid another interspecies reviewers situation, and I don't blame them

Yeah, that is my guess. Considering the material and how late this was, it seems like it was either delay to censor a lot or risk some networks pulling it.
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Agree that it's probably a content issue causing the delay unless the production is in some serious trouble. Maybe there's just so much to censor they ran out of light bars Laughing

It's also possible the setting involving a virus outbreak was seen as being an issue still.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Don't know why they waited until the last moment but considering that numerous animes originally dated for this season got delayed i wouldn't rule out the covid. I read the manga and while there are borderline H scenes they are rarer than the synopsis might suggest and short enough to be totally cut during production if necessary.
KarlFranz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:47 pm Reply with quote
DRosencraft wrote:
so I question how this ever got promoted to such a level.

It literally one of the best selling ecchi series right now.
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:48 pm Reply with quote
If the problem's indeed lies in the content, wouldn't the usual "Hey, wanna see the steamy part in their uncensored glory? Just buy the BD!" trick work?
They're adapting this, fully knowing the plot and the graphics. Wouldn't it be weird otherwise?

The wording "closely examine", imo, implies serious production issues.
Saiphaz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Why was this greenlit to begin with? Those who want a normal story will be turned off by the whole harem thing. Those who want the lewd stuff will be turned off by the fact that the MC is infuriatingly boring.
09jcg

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Saiphaz wrote:
Why was this greenlit to begin with? Those who want a normal story will be turned off by the whole harem thing. Those who want the lewd stuff will be turned off by the fact that the MC is infuriatingly boring.
It does make you wonder where the Parallel Paradise adaptation is at? I mean, if you're going to adapt smut, you might as well go all in....
Changeman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Guys, this kind of anime only reaches its true potential on AT-X and it had already been confirmed that there would be an age restriction there. Have you already forgotten kaifuku?
In other words, on other stations there could be only a white screen that would not matter.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Dang it, I was so ready to see the protag impregnate as many women as physically possible too!! Crunchius Interruptus...
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Did someone die?
Changeman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:52 pm Reply with quote
You are all forgetting that several stations were willing to broadcast reviwers.

Well, I understand that there are going to be a lot of theories about this. Perhaps someone will even say that the Feminist Parliamentary League has struck again.

But I prefer to believe the simplest and most probable; the animation must have been horrible in the later episodes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3