Forum - View topic
NEWS: Demon Slayer: The Hinokami Chronicles Game Has 1 Million Copies in Circulation Worldwide




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dark Mac



Joined: 17 May 2008
Posts: 142
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:12 pm Reply with quote
It only sold around 50% of the copies it shipped first week in Japan, which is pretty low. Digital sales help out a bit though (these are generally included in copies shipped).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tintor2



Joined: 11 Aug 2010
Posts: 916
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Dark Mac wrote:
It only sold around 50% of the copies it shipped first week in Japan, which is pretty low. Digital sales help out a bit though (these are generally included in copies shipped).


I guess it must have had also really good sales in Western territories too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dark Mac



Joined: 17 May 2008
Posts: 142
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:47 pm Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:
Dark Mac wrote:
It only sold around 50% of the copies it shipped first week in Japan, which is pretty low. Digital sales help out a bit though (these are generally included in copies shipped).


I guess it must have had also really good sales in Western territories too.


Sorry, I should've clarified. The article says that they shipped a million copies, not that they sold a million copies.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Яeverse



Joined: 16 Jun 2014
Posts: 1075
Location: Indianapolis
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:38 pm Reply with quote
anime fighters sell better overseas and keep these franchises alive.

hugs my copy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dian Z





PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:25 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure if this affects sales, but PS4 version has significant delay for a fighting game, so there's that. Online match also has delays, although maybe less common compared to PS4 ones.
Back to top
tintor2



Joined: 11 Aug 2010
Posts: 916
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:54 am Reply with quote
Dian Z wrote:
I'm not sure if this affects sales, but PS4 version has significant delay for a fighting game, so there's that. Online match also has delays, although maybe less common compared to PS4 ones.


I think it's because the game was specifically made for the PS4 hardware kinda like Storm 4. The release for the PS5 must have been made simply because it was delayed due to the lockdown
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group