• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shuffle! Memories (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sizzlin_chiken

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:41 pm Reply with quote

Shuffle! Memories (TV)

Genres: comedy, drama, fantasy, romance
Themes: ecchi, fanservice, harem, recap

Plot Summary: Shuffle Memories is a recap of the original series with an extra episode.
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Sort of, but not exactly. It's officially called a "remake", and it will be more Kaede-oriented as opposed to Asa, but If I'm not mistaken asread is going to pile quite a bit of new stuff that wasn't in either the 2005 anime or the original game. The first episode was basically a quick recap, and as from what I heard Ep 2 was very different and very good, so I'm remaining hopeful.

Can we make this the "official" Shuffle! Memories discussion thread to add to the index (despite the less-than-satisfactory opener)? I have a feeling that if this gets locked another thread about Shuffle! Memories will pop up very soon anyway, so I figure it might be worth it.
omar235

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Ahh so thats what the deal was, I was wondering since they said it was a remake, but the first episode was a recap of the whole last season. Thanks frentymon for clearing that up Very Happy this is actually making me anticipate this even more now that there is a chance to see a whole new focus for the story. I liked Asa but I really liked Kaede and for all the bull crap she went through taking care of Rin. Maybe the ending won't have an attempted spoiler[suicide this time around] but I guess it was for love. This is one of the titiles I was looking foward to this year so I am hoping it doesn't disappoint me.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Everything I've heard suggests that the whol series will basically be a recap of the first series with different episodes focusing on different characters.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:36 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Everything I've heard suggests that the whol series will basically be a recap of the first series with different episodes focusing on different characters.

Pretty much that's the case (I believe Sister Princess: RePure did something similar as well), and I heard that the last episode will be an original one. It's a pretty lame attempt to milk the franchise, and I'm just waiting for the Asa-centered episodes since she's my favorite. So if anyone hasn't seen the first series, you might get lost in this series. Otherwise, it kinda of works as a "digest" version of the first series.
sizzlin_chiken

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:58 pm Reply with quote
yea...and thnks for clearing that up...i hope this won't screw up shuffle to much cause i loved how the first season ended....i knew after about 7 eps that it was spoiler[Asa(some reason i just knew)] i hope this don't screw that up haha..

[EDIT: Spoiler tags added ~Zalis]
Skribler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for helping me with this guys. It may just recap the old series but im still gonna watch it aslong as its a bit different Smile
mephisto2k

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:20 am Reply with quote
I think its pretty enjoyable even if its a recap. but depending on how many episoades its gonna have it might become boring.
Daemonblue

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:40 pm Reply with quote
From what I understand is gonna do a recap with each episode focusing on one of the main heroines, excluding the first. So there should be one for Kaede, Sia, Nerine, Primula, and Asa, so we can assume at least six episodes will be made, and since they're going through the trouble of naming the episodes "First Part," we can also assume there will be more, so there's a possibility that there will be recaps of Shuffle! and possible additions to the storyline. I'm waiting for a TV version of Tick? Tack! and Really? Really! myself Razz
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Based on what Zyl has been saying, it may be a bit more than just a recap. There have, apparently, been a number of changes in the Asa episode (#2). I'm going to watch this after all just to see what changes.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:53 am Reply with quote
Judging from Kaede's first episode, the only new material seen was in the OP. =\ The new images will be familiar with those who've played the game, which isn't much of a bad thing, especially for those who've only watched the anime, like me. Smile

I'll get around to watching the newly available Ep. 3 once I'm done with my exams. Rolling Eyes
mdauben

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:25 am Reply with quote
I have to say, having watched the first two episodes I think this is probably one of the bigger wastes of time that I have ever seen. The first two episodes were nothing but recaps of the original series, and judging from the episode titles I expect the next 4-5 to be the same. This seems like a plan to make the series fail. As far as I can see, the excessivly prolonged recaps are just going to turn off people who watched the original series, while if you didn't watch the first series I think you are probably just going to be confused by this one.

0 out of 5 stars. Rolling Eyes
11redsky11

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:35 am Reply with quote
Hey iv been watching shuffle im on ep 9 but can u tell me if the ending is any good and if he choses a girl. thxs Smile
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Yes, he chooses a girl. Opinions on the ending and choice are mixed, but I thought it was good if a bit melodramatic.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:15 pm Reply with quote
In reguards to Shuffle Memories, everyone's probabally found this out already since this topic is ancient but the last episode is original stuff that wasn't seen in the anime, otherwise it's recap. I felt watching the series was okay because I enjoyed the first one but not really at all neccessary.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1