• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero Anime Film Unveils New Visual

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Errinundra

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:36 am Reply with quote
Restarting thread without the aggro.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:40 am Reply with quote
As shown in DB's history since the Boo arc, they hype up Gohan getting ready to fight, certain people (not me) fall for it, then when Gohan loses the folks who fell for it complain. This visual is the start of the process once again by putting Gohan in the center as the main focus wearing those clothes and doing the pose when we know its Goku's series despite him being shifted to the side in this visual. We know how this movie is going to play out. I find the whole process funny really. Laughing
Wyvern

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:49 am Reply with quote
Gohan is the only main DBZ character who has actually been a superhero, so it would make sense for the movie to focus on him (and yeah, Goku will probably still take out the bad guy in the end, but that doesn't mean the story has to only be about him.)
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:55 am Reply with quote
The question I have is what Goten and Trunks will look like? It's obviously been several years going by Pan, but I'm not going to be surprised if those two look like they haven't aged since fighting Buu.
tintor2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:02 am Reply with quote
Goten and Trunks have the punishment of having never accomplished something. For some reason, they couldn't do anything in hundreds of episodes of Super or Z so they also need some treatment. Piccolo at least got a funny mentor role despite getting killed for the third time in Super.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
The question I have is what Goten and Trunks will look like? It's obviously been several years going by Pan, but I'm not going to be surprised if those two look like they haven't aged since fighting Buu.

They don't care about Goten and Trunks. They only value that's seen in them is Gotenks.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see Gohan in that uniform, front and center, if nothing else.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:07 pm Reply with quote
I'm finding it rather hard to warm up to this film's visuals or its overall general premise that aside if they actually give Gohan a interesting character arc then maybe this won't be a completely sub par affair the year ahead will tell us I suppose.
Raijin1983

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:09 pm Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:
Goten and Trunks have the punishment of having never accomplished something. For some reason, they couldn't do anything in hundreds of episodes of Super or Z so they also need some treatment. Piccolo at least got a funny mentor role despite getting killed for the third time in Super.

Goten and Trunks are there just to have child characters. noticed how they don't age and grow at all when the years pass in DBS?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1