• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Love of Kill (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:07 am Reply with quote

Love of Kill

Genres: action, romance
Themes: assassins, bounty hunters

Plot Summary: The silent and stoic Chateau Dankworth is a bounty hunter. Her target: Son Ryang-ha, a notorious killer known for killing 18 high-class officials in a single night. To this day, his murders remain swift, efficient, and bloody. However, after Son Ryang-ha overpowers Chateau in their first encounter, he reveals his own intentions: he too is after her, aiming for her heart.

Son Ryang-ha's attempts to catch her eye are quite unique, to say the least. He offers gifts to her in the form of her current targets, tied up and battered, and will do anything to spend more time together. Reluctantly, Chateau goes along with this act, and so begins the cat-and-mouse game of love between two killers.

[Written by MAL Rewrite]

Jan. 12, 2022 (Wednesdays; Crunchyroll)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:00 pm Reply with quote
I guess you could say it presents the point of view of a sensible Bond girl at the beginning of a movie.

The story doesn't really interest me, but I do like shows that are just atmosphere, so I'm sticking around.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:41 pm Reply with quote
I more or less like the show but a pet peeve of mine are characters who push themselves onto other characters when it is super clear the other characters don't want them around. Since this premise is totally baked into virtually every scene our two leads are in together, there is gonna be a fair amount of nose-holding on my part, assuming I stick with it.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:54 pm Reply with quote
I'm liking this show, and the biggest problem I have with it seems completely unnecessary. Because of the job they gave Chateau, the whole thing comes across as her being really, really bad at her job. But with the story they're telling, there doesn't seem to be any reason to create the expectation of competency they did. The show could just as easily have swapped her job with Jim and it would come across a lot better.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:21 pm Reply with quote
She really is useless at every opportunity, isn't she. She's more a MacGuffin than a protagonist.

Is it just me, or is the bkg music in this super overbearing? It doesn't really fit, is overly melodramatic like the score to an old silent movie, and seems really obtrusive to the point of drowning out the characters.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

Well, looks like we got a good deal of information in the last few episodes that explained our main characters. It also made the vendetta that the villains of the series had for Song Ryang-Ha look super pointless. Song spent like an afternoon or something with the guy he took his name from, and really had nothing to do with the original's death. Chateau was kind of responsible for shooting the original, but the deal was that she was a terrified child that was long on her way to be traumatised, and I think still a McGuffin for her blood relatives or something.

I don't know, I was still icked out by the romance elements of this show, and can't think of them as in any way as healthy, or goofy. The romanization in the show, even if there were some awareness and push back in the show by Chateau, mixed with the drama, just wasn't a fun watch for me.

My rating will be So-so (5/10), it generally didn't grab my attention that much.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1