• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon Anime Reveals New Visual for Show's 'Climax'

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 7:05 am Reply with quote
Hahaha nice try anime, you can't bait me. I know you won't let him beat anyone there but Iris, and even that's a stretch if she's a Champion.
JoelBurger

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 8:03 am Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
Hahaha nice try anime, you can't bait me. I know you won't let him beat anyone there but Iris, and even that's a stretch if she's a Champion.

He already beat her earlier this series, when she was acknowledged as champion of Unova.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 8:11 am Reply with quote
Now to laugh my butt off as Satoshi fails to win yet another championship. Laughing
Psajdak

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 8:32 am Reply with quote
There is a lot of discussions going on forums where could Ash's character go, if he DOES win this competition.

Some people think he should retire, other believe he is way too important for overall main anime, and it's too late to replace him at this point, and some think that soft reboot is very plausible.

Myself, I know majority of people are tired of Kanto, but I wouldn't mind if there was a complete reboot of the series, Ash starting from the Kanto, but in reimagined way - basically with maybe different friends like Sabrina, or Erika, and that the world itself is already aware of the other regions.

I guess something like those AU reboot movies but on a bigger scale.
Hal14

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 8:35 am Reply with quote
^^?
He's the champion of alola
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 8:48 am Reply with quote
We may see an actual Pokemon reboot in our lives afterall.
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 9:02 am Reply with quote
Hey Alains coming back cool, about we'll also is Marin back with him.
SP654

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 9:05 am Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:

He better at least beat that guy with the mega evolve Charizard from the XYZ series
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 9:24 am Reply with quote
I annonce Ash ending second behind Leon after winning his rematch against Cynthia and Alain.

Making Greninja return without a Mega Charizard vs Ash-Greninja showdown would be a huge waste and considering Lucario's importance so far, i can totally see a Mega Lucario vs Mega Garchomp coming.
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 11:13 am Reply with quote
^ I agree if it's a tournament format I'm guessing it would go something like this.

Round 1: Ash vs. Alain, Cynthia vs. Lance, Diantha vs. Steven, Iris vs. Leon.

Round 2: Ash vs. Cynthia, Steven vs. Leon

Round 3: Ash vs Leon

Can really see either winning the league because seeing Leon lose for once is more interesting for him as a character but I don't know where they go next season with Ash if they make him the strongest trainer ever.

Too bad Tobias isn't here because him losing would be cathartic.

FilthyCasual wrote:

The finals will probably Ash vs Leon if the opening is any indication so he's at least beating two of the others in the top 8.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 11:20 am Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
We may see an actual Pokemon reboot in our lives afterall.

I've hearing some rumors/theories that Goh will replace Ash/Satoshi as the main character, but I don't know if that could be a possibility. Pokémon Journeys has been an interesting season by the fact that a lot characters from previous seasons have made an appearance, don't know if that's an attempt from the writers to give said characters some closure. Still, we need to know more about Pokémon Scarlet/Violet in order to guess how the anime is going to adapt the games.
Replica_Rabbit

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 12:06 pm Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:

He is Aloha Champion and beat Battle Frontier and is Orange League Champion, he'll probably get second place or first place since he bring his ace team this time around
Vladimir Morales

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 4:00 pm Reply with quote
*sigh* You know, I'm getting real tired of people making fun of Ash losing regional tournaments when any professional sports-player from real life would tell you that qualifying for the major league of any sport is very difficulty; making a deep run across that league as Ash consistently does, even more. Actually winning the league is beyond extraordinary. When Ash won the Alola League, he just stood there in silence for several seconds before he finally realized he had won.

Yeah, the Pokemon anime might be whimsical and light-hearted but it has never backed away from showing how competitive and fast-paced sports can be.
Vizo

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 4:57 pm Reply with quote
This looks to be an epic and clever "wrap-up" for the anime. I wasn't expecting to see Alain but it makes sense. Tobias would've been an interesting choice too. Though she's not my favorite, it'll be nice to see Diantha get more exposure. Definitely not complaining with these champion trainers in the master class. Also, I'm curious to see how Pokemon Scarlet & Violet will be adapted.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 5:10 pm Reply with quote
I'm not expecting Ash to win the whole thing but I want to see him avenge himself against Alain at least.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1