• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voice Actress Ami Maeshima Goes on Hiatus, Steps Down from Several Roles Due to Health

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MiniMarps

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:22 pm Reply with quote
This is a real bummer. Aya was, just from a musical standpoint, the best BanG Dream vocalist imo (not to mention one of my favorite characters, too). Those are going to be some tremendous shoes to fill if they actually do intend on replacing her instead of simply retiring the character.

But (and I wish it went without saying) Ami's wellbeing is far more important than some mobile game, and above all I just hope her health improves.
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:35 pm Reply with quote
I am not a fan of PasuPare but still a bummer. And it will be quite a pity for D4DJ as they had to recast Non-chan first and now Photon Maiden is also loosing a member.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Bang Dream fans in shambles lately. Wishing her the best
MarthKoopa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:56 pm Reply with quote
I hope it's nothing serious and she just wants to step away from the industry. She's a lovely person that deserves a nice and happy, quiet, life away from all the grossness that goes on behind the scenes in the entertainment industry, especially coming from an underage idol background she didn't really want.
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

As far as I remember, they have not replaced anyone else in Bang Dream. The last girl only left her role in D4DJ.
SilentAnime26

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Nachtwandler wrote:
As far as I remember, they have not replaced anyone else in Bang Dream. The last girl only left her role in D4DJ.

Pretty sure this is the third time it happened to Bang Dream. The previous two -Roselia's bassist and keyboardist- were also retired due to health issues too. Can't remember the specific reason for the bassist, but the keyboardist had hearing issues that almost made her partially deaf. Both were replaced after a while and their past in-game voice were also gradually replaced.
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:21 pm Reply with quote
SilentAnime26 wrote:
Nachtwandler wrote:

Pretty sure this is the third time it happened to Bang Dream. The previous two -Roselia's bassist and keyboardist- were also retired due to health issues too. Can't remember the specific reason for the bassist, but the keyboardist had hearing issues that almost made her partially deaf. Both were replaced after a while and their past in-game voice were also gradually replaced.

It was back in 2018. There were no cast changes recently besides new Roselia keybordist stepping down from her role in D4DJ franchise. I though there were some other changes I missed but it does not seem so.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:44 pm Reply with quote
I hope she gets the care and time she needs to properly recover.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:07 pm Reply with quote
What a shame. I’ve really come to enjoy Pastel*Palettes in the BanG Dream! franchise (greetings from Bushiroad on the Road at this year's ACen), particularly her singing and her performance as the sometimes hapless leader of the band. Those are going to be some big shoes to fill… well, probably small actually, but with really cute bows.
PipimiOden

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:07 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

Same here for us D4DJ fans. Can't get any worse for us... I'm also wishing her the best.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1