• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tezuka's Dororo Manga Gets Japanese-S. Korean Vertical Comic Remake

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tintor2

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Now I know what to read in the future.
#rajsaha

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Korea is on the way to ruin Tezuka's manga with garbage art.
grimmydark

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 1:33 am Reply with quote
So excited for this! I love how there’s no end to Dororo adaptions! Even the live action was pretty good! Cheesy but good!
zztop

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 1:58 am Reply with quote
grimmydark wrote:
So excited for this! I love how there’s no end to Dororo adaptions! Even the live action was pretty good! Cheesy but good!

I kind of liked the live action, esp the cheesy but feel-good ending where spoiler[Hyakkimaru and Tahoumaru made up. I always felt they should have let that happen as well in the 2019 anime, given how Tahoumaru was developed throughout the anime. I get the anime may have been aiming to keep in line with previous adaptations where Tahoumaru always died, but still...]

#rajsaha wrote:

Depends on who the Koreans get to do the art. Jang Sungrak's art for the webtoon adaptation of Solo Leveling helped to elevate the webtoon's reputation a lot, despite the source material being dismissed as rather meh by readers.
PePeSiMp

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 12:42 am Reply with quote
zztop wrote:

#rajsaha wrote:

Depends on who the Koreans get to do the art. Jang Sungrak's art for the webtoon adaptation of Solo Leveling helped to elevate the webtoon's reputation a lot, despite the source material being dismissed as rather meh by readers.

Pretty sure that's the case for almost all of Redice Studio's webtoons. Though I still think Legend of the Northern Blade's art would be a better fit for Dororo than Redice's art.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1