• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Quest Tact Smartphone Game Ends English Service in February

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:56 pm Reply with quote
I'm not seeing this being brought up in the article but that other Dragon Quest game? Hoshi no Dragon Quest? It got a closure notice on it's 1-year anniversary. I'm fairly confident you cannot find that anymore to play either.

It's one thing to look at something like Genshin or Honkai and put time/money into it when it's such a big main aspect of miHoYo's business and active IPs, but SE 's dev-and-trash pipeline on its live-service games continues to astound me. I'm never touching another one of theirs again.
R. Kasahara

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Square Enix is indeed bad about launching mobile games only to close them a few years later. Willing to bet good money that NieR:Re[in]carnation is on the chopping block for 2024, and not just because of certain main story events.

In funnier news, I was reminded via Discord this morning that Dragon Quest Tact was the game that led to Yuji Naka criming it up. Good job, everyone Laughing
WANNFH

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:32 am Reply with quote
R. Kasahara wrote:
Square Enix is indeed bad about launching mobile games only to close them a few years later. Willing to bet good money that NieR:Re[in]carnation is on the chopping block for 2024, and not just because of certain main story events.
Announcing EOS for three gacha games at the very same time is kinda new lowest even for Square though, so I wonder if there's a certain problem in the current management of the mobile division so they decided to cover it up rashly by pulling the rugs from not financially good service games.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1