• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Idol Pretender

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:48 pm Reply with quote
So at first this manga is your standard "guy gets turn into a girl" manga. S/he has to become an idol to earn money to change back and along the way his/her crush falls for his female self. Hijinks ensure.

But what really stands out to me is that s/he starts falling for his/her male best friend. I've never encounted a plot element like that and to be honest I really like where it's going with that. It's to that point that I hope in the end s/he remains a girl and hooks up with his best friend.

The ecchi silliness of it is fun too but it's that unique aspect that has me really enjoying the series.

Anyone else reading it?
lys

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:03 am Reply with quote
A series published in English? Maybe Your & My Secret. I don't know about the idol part, but the rest fits (including the crush on his (now "her") male best friend). There are definitely hijinks.

But it could be another series too. Ai Morinaga's series tend to reflect the popular, absurd-when-you-think-about-them, trends of whenever she writes them.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:52 am Reply with quote
Specifically it's the "gender swapped guy develops feelings for male best friend" aspect I'm most interested in. Your suggestion seems up that alley so I'll check it out, thanks Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1