Forum - View topic
NEWS: Amazon Updates Sailor Moon Bootleg


Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Seiitsuno Megami



Joined: 30 Apr 2005
Posts: 24
Location: ...STALKER! :o
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Ha ha, oh wow.

It almost sounds like a joke.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Coolsboy



Joined: 25 Dec 2005
Posts: 1
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:33 pm Reply with quote
I cracked up laughing....

instead of removing the product from the list, no, it's encouraging bootleg purchase.... Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Dargonxtc



Joined: 13 Apr 2006
Posts: 4463
Location: Nc5xd7+ スターダストの海洋
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Oh geez, thats just so much better. Rolling Eyes

At least they didn't call it a genuine all region import.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
minakichan



Joined: 12 Nov 2003
Posts: 1103
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Wow, they can do that? ...Amazing...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nerv1



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 601
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:48 pm Reply with quote
It's weird that they would have it in stock, I only thought that the bootleggers would have it, amazon should also try to do this same thing to the bootleg rurouni kenshin boxsets lurking about.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail My Anime My Manga
infoman99



Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 39
Location: canada
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:52 pm Reply with quote
lol, i mean sad just sad and my friend orders from that site so now she's gonna be sad that they sell bootlegs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
CrazyCanuck



Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Posts: 96
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:00 pm Reply with quote
It's about time. I submitted the name change a week ago. It was obvious normal channels weren't getting anywhere, but the 'update product info' link goes through pretty minimal human checking.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lledra



Joined: 20 May 2005
Posts: 38
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:00 pm Reply with quote
This ... REALLY .. doesn't seem right ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Splitter



Joined: 19 May 2003
Posts: 1276
Location: Knockin' on Heaven's Door
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Well now they know they're buying crap.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
LydiaDianne



Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 5631
Location: Southern California
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:06 pm Reply with quote
**shakes head sadly**

It really is so sad that it is laughable.

Amazon, according to other threads concerning this, has been told repeatedly that this is a bootleg product. It even says so on the reviews.

What this says is that corporate profits are more important than what is right.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
undeadben



Joined: 06 May 2006
Posts: 1212
Location: West Texas
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:06 pm Reply with quote
What in the hell!? They know it is a bootleg now but they are still trying to sell it? So they now openly support illegitimate products?

Edit:

CrazyCanuck wrote:
It's about time. I submitted the name change a week ago. It was obvious normal channels weren't getting anywhere, but the 'update product info' link goes through pretty minimal human checking.

Ah, ok this explains it, they probably don't know about it yet then.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
LydiaDianne



Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 5631
Location: Southern California
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:17 pm Reply with quote
undeadben wrote:
What in the hell!? They know it is a bootleg now but they are still trying to sell it? So they now openly support illegitimate products?

Edit:

CrazyCanuck wrote:
It's about time. I submitted the name change a week ago. It was obvious normal channels weren't getting anywhere, but the 'update product info' link goes through pretty minimal human checking.

Ah, ok this explains it, they probably don't know about it yet then.


Um, the first review about this product was back in December 2006. So you can't tell me that they don't know by now.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-reviews/B000KF0W3A/ref=cm_rev_prev/103-1719388-1285452?ie=UTF8&customer-reviews.sort%5Fby=-SubmissionDate&n=130&s=dvd&customer-reviews.start=1

And as you can tell, one of the latest comments was by our own Mohawk52 and the person below that one quoted ANN!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
undeadben



Joined: 06 May 2006
Posts: 1212
Location: West Texas
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:22 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
Um, the first review about this product was back in December 2006. So you can't tell me that they don't know by now.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-reviews/B000KF0W3A/ref=cm_rev_prev/103-1719388-1285452?ie=UTF8&customer-reviews.sort%5Fby=-SubmissionDate&n=130&s=dvd&customer-reviews.start=1

And as you can tell, one of the latest comments was by our own Mohawk52 and the person below that one quoted ANN!

I meant they don't know about the name change yet. I'm pretty sure they are aware of the product but are being conveniently ignorant until they sell enough to at least make up for what they spent on it. Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
LydiaDianne



Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 5631
Location: Southern California
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:25 pm Reply with quote
undeadben wrote:
LydiaDianne wrote:
Um, the first review about this product was back in December 2006. So you can't tell me that they don't know by now.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-reviews/B000KF0W3A/ref=cm_rev_prev/103-1719388-1285452?ie=UTF8&customer-reviews.sort%5Fby=-SubmissionDate&n=130&s=dvd&customer-reviews.start=1

And as you can tell, one of the latest comments was by our own Mohawk52 and the person below that one quoted ANN!

I meant they don't know about the name change yet. I'm pretty sure they are aware of the product but are being conveniently ignorant until they sell enough to at least make up for what they spent on it. Rolling Eyes


Embarassed Sorry. I misunderstood.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
AegisX



Joined: 17 Mar 2007
Posts: 59
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:35 pm Reply with quote
..... This is hilarious beyond any, and all, reason. Wait a minute, I buy all my anime and manga from these people! *runs off to see if any of his discs are bootlegs*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group