• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yen Press Manga Get Release Dates

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Invader_Spooch

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:00 pm Reply with quote
I sure hope I wasn't the only one who at first glance peed themselves when they read Spiral in the newspost, then came to their senses and was bummed (arg, somebody has to release it eventually). Anime cry
kokuryu

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:28 am Reply with quote
I thought this one was already done some time ago... but I never got any of The Ring books anyways... (Spiral - The Ring books 3 for those that dont know)

I am more interested in Zombie Loan...

They really need to get these manga out before the Anime debuts in Japan...
Akukaze

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:15 am Reply with quote
kokuryu wrote:
I thought this one was already done some time ago... but I never got any of The Ring books anyways... (Spiral - The Ring books 3 for those that don't know)

I am more interested in Zombie Loan...

They really need to get these manga out before the Anime debuts in Japan...

Spiral was actually book 2 of The Ring, and it was released in Japan as Rasen. The third was Loop.

The manga in question here however, was released in Japan as Supairaru ~Suiri no Kizuna~ and was adapted into an anime of the same name. It has nothing to do with the Ring.

And I think it's a good move that they're waiting a little while with Zombie-Loan (though, since they're new it's probably not so much a choice) and let it pick up fans with the anime after it starts airing.

And Invader Spooch, why are you bummed? o_o I imported all of the Spiral manga (and the Zombie-Loan manga, for that matter) but it gives me a headache trying to read, as it's so dialogue-heavy and my Japanese is hardly perfect. And I don't think scanlators ever got very far in the, what, four years they were working on it? So the risk of having it "butchered" (which is a possibility, I suppose, since Yen Press is new and unknown) is far outweighed by actually being able to understand what happens after the anime ends, I'd think.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1