• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fullmetal Alchemist's Arakawa's Newest to be Animated

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:26 pm Reply with quote
She's working on another manga? Geez, maybe that's the reason the art in the FMA manga has gone a bit down hill since (what I assume is) the midway climax in volume 14.
UltimaShadowfax

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, how can she do two manga at once?
WristBandMan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:47 pm Reply with quote
looks like this manga is started 2006-10.
letsay 1 chapter per week, that's about 26+8 chapters only.

has this manga finished yet?

cause if not... the anime will catch up real quick, and then will have a forced ending different from the ongoing good manga storyline...

isn't this what happen with FMA?
wasn't it implied that she "butt-heads" with anime writers not infrequently...? (in those 4 panels back pages)

sheesh... is arakawa sensei so desperate for the anime licensing money?
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:42 pm Reply with quote
WristBandMan wrote:
looks like this manga is started 2006-10.
letsay 1 chapter per week, that's about 26+8 chapters only.

has this manga finished yet?

cause if not... the anime will catch up real quick, and then will have a forced ending different from the ongoing good manga storyline...

As the article notes, this manga runs in the bimonthly Shōnen Gangan Powered. It's actually only had five chapters so far. The funny thing is, even the first compiled volume isn't out yet.
kolibri

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Also, it doesn't mention what studio is animating it?

I'm just saying... Bones is one of the few studios with actually decent writers. Considering this is going to be mostly done by the studio writers... oh god, how can this possibly be good?
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:58 pm Reply with quote
kolibri wrote:
Also, it doesn't mention what studio is animating it?

I wonder if BONES is going to be handling this adaptation as well.

Egan Loo wrote:
As the article notes, this manga runs in the bimonthly Shōnen Gangan Powered. It's actually only had five chapters so far. The funny thing is, even the first compiled volume isn't out yet.

SO basically the anime will only take the very basic concept of the series seeing as how very little story has been developed. Whereas when FMA was being animated they had enough material to just over a season of animated material before they really had to start writing their own story.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Oh well, I guess you can always hope for Madhouse. Laughing
Jedi General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:36 pm Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
Oh well, I guess you can always hope for Madhouse. Laughing

Now you're talking. Very Happy

Honestly, I'm eager to see this, despite it being a mostly original story since there's barely any manga material. I loved FMA, and this story has a similar premise. In Hero Tales the siblings are searching for a "legendary sword" whereas in FMA Ed and Al were also searching for something. That something being the Philosopher's Stone.

Last edited by Jedi General on Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Invader_Spooch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Well, the Encyclopedia entry says the Scenario writer is Ryou Yashiro (though I'm still not totally sure what a scenario writer does fully).

I would assume Yashiro is at least partially responsible for the overall story, and that he would most likely be heading up the writing staff on the anime (hell, the manga may have mainly been a prototype for an animation project for all we know).

I'm cautiously optimistic.
kolibri

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Invader_Spooch wrote:
Well, the Encyclopedia entry says the Scenario writer is Ryou Yashiro (though I'm still not totally sure what a scenario writer does fully).

Encyclopedia entry is for the manga, not for the anime. Since the anime announcement is so new, we don't seem to have an entry for it yet - I don't think we even know anything more about it than it's going to be done.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, I was really excited about this when I heard about it at first, it'd be nice to see more of Arikawa's work, (the pictures look promising) but the manga is only 5 chapters long? Man, I just hate it when I studio get's a series too soon, and this is just an insane case! I mean, if either Madhouse or Bones does it I have full confidence in there abilities to still make it good, but I still highly disagree with this. It's things like this that ruin otherwise good series. Oh well, I'll just have to find out how to get into the manga somehow.

Although if there's any hope in any of this it's that we don't no anything about it other than it will happen, not even when it will be released.
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:54 pm Reply with quote
i wanna be excited about this, but the anime Fullmetal Alchemist wasn't written by Arakwawa (past the first volume anyway), and while i like the manga, so far is hasn't been anywhere as deep as the anime. is this gonna be an adaption? or are they gonna wing it again. also is Mizushima back in the director's chair?
Seca

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:40 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
also is Mizushima back in the director's chair?

Hard to say as a date for airing hasn't been announced for this and he already has Gundam 00 (which will probably be about 50 episodes long like most Gundam series are) debuting in October for him to work on as series director.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:49 pm Reply with quote
i don't like Square Enix's Manga because they are always monthly and bi-monthly.
BleuVII

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:05 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
i wanna be excited about this, but the anime Fullmetal Alchemist wasn't written by Arakwawa (past the first volume anyway), and while i like the manga, so far is hasn't been anywhere as deep as the anime.

I would care to disagree with you. I find the manga version to be a much fuller and richer story than the anime, though let it be known that I absolutely LOVE both of them.

Juushin Enbu: Hero Tales is very different from FMA though. I have been reading it since it came out, and it is moving along at a lightning-fast pace. I would be surprised if the series was longer than 13 animated episodes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2