• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Hare + Guu Deluxe DVD 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:10 am Reply with quote
I found the pilot ep (presumably used to pitch the series) interesting for Hare's name being spelled "Hale" or something like that on screen & that we see Bell & Robert when we get them quite late in the series.(I watched it the day after I got it a month or so ago & have moved on to so many others since like the last Papuwa, Hellsing 2. Just finished Tenchi in Tokyo & am working on Tekkaman 2) It also probably doesn't help this is one of the series I've seen out of order (1-3, then 6 & 7, then 5 then 4 & the OVA dvd. Might have seen the OVA before disc 4)
I liked the roaches ep, & the contest for Weda ep & the Dama ep. Dama's probably my least fav character, but it was so funny how she's shown as a stalking animal. The teacher ep was pretty lame & pretty thin since Lazy's back immediately. (completely extreme situation situation comedy ep?). And the pilot was interesting for the whole pitch angle compared to the series.

This is one of the better insane situation comedy titles-a bit more stable than Bobobo which is everything-but-the-kitchen-sink-oh-why-not-throw-that-in? Probably more coherant than Papuwa due to the smaller cast(when one includes all the animals in Papuwa). Papuwa has more bishies & better spoofs, though Excel had better spoofs than Papuwa. Have only read the Dr. Slump manga(not seen either anime) but Hare+Guu seems relatively in that camp. Like Slump, it does keep an eye on the episode's plot
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1