• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: ORESKABAND to Release 1st US LP

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asrialys

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap, they're actually coming to Fresno. Heh, I missed them at Anime Expo. Maybe I should see what they're all about...
Mysticmidnightmaiden

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:32 pm Reply with quote
This is a nice pick-me-upper piece of news! (I've had a hell of a morning today...) I absolutely loved their concert @ AX07, and I'm really happy they're releasing something stateside. I hope they gain a following over here...

@Asrialys: You definitely should see them live. ORESKABAND's sound is somewhat cutesy on their records, but at their live show, I truly felt all their energy. They really rocked! (/pimping Anime smallmouth)
omnistry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:03 pm Reply with quote
I have a good feeling that ORESKABAND is going to revitalize the ska movement that peaked here in the early 90s. Their catchy songs and fun style is going to reach the masses in a big way; and they won't even care about the language difference. (BTW: what label is releasing this in the states?)

The same can also be said for Pistol Valve (who are releasing an album here at the end of this month).
slickwataris

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:28 pm Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:
(BTW: what label is releasing this in the states?)

press release says Terry Dollar Records on the bottom. I googled it and literally found nothing on them, but other blogs and music sites do cite Terry Dollar Records. I get the feeling this'll only be a digital release.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1