• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seven Seas Acquires Two Yuri Manga, Two Yuri Novels

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaosfell

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:14 pm Reply with quote
I absolutely love Seven Seas (Kodomo no Jikan issues aside) and this only helps. From the light novels to the yuri, they are my new favorite company.
Hayate X Blade!
Whoo!
Now license Strawberry Shake Sweet and MariMite and I'll love you even more...
(And Haruhi while we're at it)
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:28 pm Reply with quote
*brain explodes* YES! YES YES YES! Anime hyper
Jedi General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Awesome, awesome, awesome, Seven Seas! Keep on bringing us the greatness that is yuri. Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:56 pm Reply with quote
I have been meaning to check out Hayate Cross Blade. Something about an all-girl school in a Tenjou Tenge-esque environment should prove rather interesting. Cool

Hmm, can anyone give any more info on the other titles? Googling doesn't help especially on those novel titles due to its genericness.

Last edited by darkchibi07 on Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Joichiro Nishi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:05 pm Reply with quote
I`m gonna buy these on Christmas. I love you Seven Seas!
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Yay, more yuri.

I've heard good things about Hayate Cross Blade, so I've been hoping it would get licensed. I'll definitely be getting it.

I've never heard of Akatsuki-iro no Senpuku Majo, but I just picked up The Last Uniform today. I'll probably end up getting it, but I'll want to hear more about it before I make a decision.

Same for the new yuri novels. I like the idea, but I know nothing about them, so I can't make a decision yet, but I'm definitely interested.
Yumi-san

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:43 am Reply with quote
Yes!, I love Seven Seas. Very Happy They continue to make this Yuri Fangirl very happy. I have really enjoyed the excellent work that they have been doing on Kashimashi and I am looking forward to reading more of their excellent Yuri Manga. Also, I am thinking about getting their light novels especially Strawberry Panic!.

HitokiriShadow wrote:
I've never heard of Akatsuki-iro no Senpuku Majo, but I just picked up The Last Uniform today. I'll probably end up getting it, but I'll want to hear more about it before I make a decision.

Thanks, for mentioning "The Last Uniform." I didn't know that it was out yet and now I know to look for it the next time I go to the bookstore.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kirbyboy102

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:32 am Reply with quote
Shocked Its a yurifest!!!!! Thats fine, I guess, for those who like it, but... What about the non-yuri fans, 7seas?
manafairy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:00 am Reply with quote
kirbyboy102 wrote:
Shocked Its a yurifest!!!!! Thats fine, I guess, for those who like it, but... What about the non-yuri fans, 7seas?

They've got Tokyopop, Viz, Dark Horse, Del Ray, Broccoli, Vertical, DMP, CPM, DrMaster, ADV, Blu, Dramaqueen, ect, ect, ect. As Seven Seas is, like, the only domestic company that releases yuri right now and they don't even have all that much of it, I hardly think those who aren't fans of the genre are getting shafted. I can't imagine being disappointed that a previously completely overlooked genre is finally starting to make its way stateside (and very slowly and in small numbers I might add), regardless of whether or not your a fan.

Anyways, I've wanted to read Hayate Cross Blade for a little while now, but I've not had a lot of time and a lot of other things took precedence over downloading scanlations. A hard copy, however, I can bring with me anywhere, so it won't be an issue Anime smile I can't wait Very Happy
NeoSam

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:52 pm Reply with quote
I love how Seven Seas keeps licensing seinen(young men's) yuri manga Smile

I'll be adding both Hayate Cross Blade and Akatsuki-iro no Senpuku Majo to my list of "to get" which is now very very big list >.<

Hayate Cross Blade is a seinen manga currently being serailized in the seinen manga magazine Dengeki Daioh.

Akatsuki-iro no Senpuku Majo is a seinen manga currently being serailized in the seinen manga magazine Comic High! (the magazine thats also serializing Kodomo no Jikan).
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Neat.

I like the direction they seem to keep to be headed, and giving us a part of the market was was so largely unavailable before.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Yumi-san wrote:

HitokiriShadow wrote:

Thanks, for mentioning "The Last Uniform." I didn't know that it was out yet and now I know to look for it the next time I go to the bookstore.

I think it was supposed to be out a week or two ago, but its taking a little while to get to stores. Tetragrammaton Labyrinth is supposed to be out as well, but I didn't see that.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:26 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Tetragrammaton Labyrinth is supposed to be out as well, but I didn't see that.

Just got back from B&N, it is on the shelf.
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Good! Yuri shall take the spotlight of my inner fangirl!
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:24 pm Reply with quote
kirbyboy102 wrote:

Let the boys have their yuri.
It distracts them from our yaoi so it's a good thing.

There really is scads & scads of shonen & shojo out there. yaoi & yuri is maybe 10%.
Overall Viz is safe for those who hate yaoi & yuri. Same for Dark Horse, I believe. Other than the fact Clamp flirts with both, but are really not either, I really don't see Del Rey ever doing yuri or yaoi & Broccoli's main line seems safe
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2