• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sequel to Higurashi PC Game Debuts at Comic Market 72

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:48 pm Reply with quote
I wonder how many they made available to start with? I mean it is one thing to say they sold out in thirty minutes. It is another to say all 1000 or whatever the number is sold out that quickly.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Splitter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like killer lolis are still hot in Japan. This could mean the franchise is anything but over after Kai.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Looking at the preview video, I"m not sure killer lolis are involved in this 'sequel'. If it does, they certainly aren't the ones from Higurashi. The new titles is something completely new with all new characters and setting.

Trailer

I love the music though. It's by the same person that did the music for the trailer (and at least part of the game) for Ar Tonelico. Here's hoping it gets an anime adaptation someday.
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:06 am Reply with quote
Curse the person who came up with "Killer Lolis". That's not even close to the truth behind Higurashi, and it gives the series a bad name.

Anyways, From what I've seen, it looks very interesting. And there might be some kind of tie in to Higurashi.

spoiler[There's a hidden character profile page, and one of the character's names is Bernkastel (the last name of the author of the poems before each Higurashi chapter in the games). She also looks strangely like Rika....]
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:23 am Reply with quote
Well, I figured there could be some kind of vague or tangential link, or perhaps a distant prequel or something (since it looks like Victorian england or something from around that time period). But it doesn't appear to take place in Japan let alone anywhere near Hinamizawa or with the same cast, so its not a sequel in the typical sense.
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:16 pm Reply with quote
who_is_friend wrote:
Curse the person who came up with "Killer Lolis". That's not even close to the truth behind Higurashi, and it gives the series a bad name.

Agreed - I'm not a fan of the whole Killer Loli classification either.

But judging from what you guys are saying, tie in wise it may have more to do with the way things play out in Umineko, than characters, if that makes any sense....maybe something like what took place in Hinamizawa and spoiler[Frederika Bernkanstel's poems] are somehow involved...

At any rate, I gotta get this game! Hurry up Himeya!

EDIT: Just watched the opening - the subtitle on this one, instead of "Welcome to Hinamizawa" is "Welcome to Rokkenjima"(sp?) so it does appear to take place in Japan.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1