• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Nodame Cantabile GN 10

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neverwhere

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:57 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The passion, the joy, and the drama of artistic expression are as alive in Nodame Cantabile as they've ever been

Could not agree more. Smile

Every time I see Nodame reviewed here I get warm fuzzies all over. *grins*
Meer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:36 am Reply with quote
Quote:
another competition plotline?

I really didn't even think about just having one before, but it didn't bother me in the least. This isn't a manga that really relies on them anyway, and it's the first time you see Chiaki actually join one. I think it was very well done and interesting in that respect.

Though I agree the Nodame manga hasn't slowed down at all. To me, it only gets better.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:31 am Reply with quote
This highlights how much I really need to get more of this series, since I'm still behind at vol 2 (I haven't seen 3 actually in stores yet, they always have like, 4-6 and 1).
flyindreams

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:44 am Reply with quote
Good review overall Very Happy Definitely one of my favorite series currently. I do agree though that the whole "another competition so soon" thing seems like rather nit-picky point to make. Seeing as they ARE music students/aspiring professional musicians I'd be surprised if they didn't participate in more competitions. In fact given the setting I probably would've expected more competitions already rather then less. And the fact that this competition focused on Chiaki was definitely a huge plus.
Shougo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:46 am Reply with quote
nodame cantabile is very underrated in america... i don't think they'll ever license the anime. ( ; _ ; )
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:11 am Reply with quote
I think everyone should check out Nodame; it's very funny, the characters are very endearing and and the relationship between Nodame and Chiaki is interesting and different from the ones found in other shoujo.

I checked the anime a while ago and while the adoption is faithful from what I've seen so far, it doesn't have the same unique atmospeher as that of the manga, though I think it was an excellent choice casting Tomokazu Seki as Chiaki; he made him sound just like what I've imagined him to sound when reading the manga.
Flipnofunk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:38 am Reply with quote
the series is really underated its a very funny manga, lots of funny characters that bring this series to life. Also give the live action a try too. It's a very funny series that over emphasizes things, because of this it make this series very funny. Here's an example of scene i made into a gif: http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/1972/paninthefaceix8.gif

Last edited by Flipnofunk on Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:28 am Reply with quote
Shougo wrote:
nodame cantabile is very underrated in america... i don't think they'll ever license the anime. ( ; _ ; )

I don't know about that, I actually fully expect it to be licensed. Sure it might not be the biggest thing ever, but they have been bringing over more stuff like that (I'm still a bit surprised to see that Welcome to the NHK did get licensed).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1