• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Super Channel brings more anime to Canadian TV

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheVok

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Looks like more good news for Canadian viewers ....

Super Channel, a new pay-TV service that recently began operations across the country (essentially competing head-on with The Movie Network in Eastern Canada and MovieCentral in Western Canada), seems to have a deal with Manga.

'Streetfighter Alpha' aired a week or two ago. Next up, tomorrow (Monday, November 12) at 9pm ET, are apparently Noein, Tokko, Tactics and Streetfighter II:V.

Call it 'Skiffy of the North.' Wink

Now, while some details about the channel itself are available at www.superchannel.ca, they're sketchy at best. The schedule isn't up yet. It looks like everything is still coming together.

What most viewers are figuring out about the schedule seems to be coming not from Super Channel itself, but from Bell ExpressVu, which at this point is its only carrier.

I'm not sure why Super Channel hasn't also made its debut with Star Choice or various digital cable providers, as it will certainly need their support to succeed, but I'm glad I'm already an ExpressVu customer able to take in some of the current free preview.

Has anyone heard anything else about Super Channel's plans for airing anime?
watchdog210

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:15 pm Reply with quote
If Superchannel is in Canada than when are we south of the border going to get it. Crying or Very sad I live in a military town in Florida and anime is very popular here, but if you get to far out of town it gets harder to find than a good cheesesteak.

Keep your friends close, and your anime closer.
TheVok

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:21 pm Reply with quote
watchdog210 wrote:
If Superchannel is in Canada than when are we south of the border going to get it.

Uh, never. Manga Entertainment already has a U.S. deal with Skiffy, i.e. Sci-Fi Channel.
watchdog210

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:54 pm Reply with quote
I have seen very little anime on Si-Fi other than the Animonday they do and that is so late I can't watch it. I have to get up at 3:30 am to make a 5:30 roll call. Do you know anywhere else I can see anime on tv other than Si-Fi and cartoon network?
TheVok

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:10 pm Reply with quote
watchdog210 wrote:
I have seen very little anime on Si-Fi other than the Animonday they do and that is so late I can't watch it. I have to get up at 3:30 am to make a 5:30 roll call. Do you know anywhere else I can see anime on tv other than Si-Fi and cartoon network?

Well, while you're on this site, do keep checking The Click (animenewsnetwork.com/the-click) for ongoing updates. As a Canadian, I don't pay much attention to the American listings.

And if Skiffy's anime programming interests you, how about recording it and watching it when more convenient?
TheVok

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:42 pm Reply with quote
(Also, the same lineup repeats later at night, starting at 1:00 a.m ET.)
watchdog210

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:11 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't aware of the repete. Thank you Thevok
TheVok

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:48 pm Reply with quote
I taped the repeat cycle ... all of it ... and glad I did because the commercial-free nature of the channel meant some very odd start times for everything that aired after 'Noein.'

Will probably watch this weekend, then decide if any of these shows are worth ZipListing on DVD. I'm probably not going to subscribe to Super Channel for the long run ....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1