• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Harukanaru Toki no Naka de licensed?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:13 am Reply with quote
I'm not sure if there's a topic on this, but if there is, then feel free to delete it. I found somewhere that the Harukanaru Toki no Naka de anime has been licensed? The person said she found this sentence on an October 2007 Shojo Beat issue. At the end of the article, it said this:

"Last but not least, the Haruka story became the basis for a popular anime series. Luckily for us, the anime series will also be released stateside and is scheduled to hit stores next summer- can the videogame be far behind?"'

The manga's been licensed and is currently running in Shojo Beat while the published novels come out in April (man!). Could this really be true? I'm REALLY happy about this. I'm hearing people saying that Viz got it. But we're not sure. Sorry if this isn't allowed.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Did you look in the Encyclopedia? That should tell you wether or not this title has been licensed.
Terrestrial_Cel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:23 am Reply with quote
I haven't heard for sure if it has been licensed. Maybe Viz is waiting to see if the manga is popular before they do... It would be a shame if the Haruka anime remains unlicensed, as it is quite an exceptional show. I'm talking about the TV anime not the OAV (which I haven't seen).
Alestal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:55 am Reply with quote
It seems like a knock off of fushigi yugi.

not relevant to the conversation but I couldn't help myself after reading the description.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:28 am Reply with quote
It's not listed in the Encyclopedia as being licensed, but that might just be because nothing official has been said. Viz has been licensing a lot of the series connected to its manga lines, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them pick this one up.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:07 am Reply with quote
Viz mentioned it as if it had been announced elsewhere already (it clearly wasn't supposed to be the announcement) but it hasn't. It didn't even say it as if Viz was the one releasing it. It could be that they expected that whoever had the license had announced it by the time it went to press but then didn't for some reason or another. In any case, no one else has announced it so its unknown who has it or if someone at Viz just goofed and thought it was licensed when it was not.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1