• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yen Press Adds Madoka Magica, Soul Eater Not, Yuki-chan

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Yen Press, YOU ROCK! Soul Eater Not, The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan, and Alice in the Country of Hearts!? Yay!

I do hope for the Alice in the Country of Hearts release, however, they try to get out the sixth volume first, in any case just to satisfy the fans that are eagerly awaiting to get that last volume for the series. Although, if the translation is really awesome, I may try and double-dip on the series and get the new release as well.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Interested in Soul Eater Not (although it depends how fanservicey it is) and I think I will go ahead and pick up the Alice in the Country of Hearts omnibuses, which I haven't read yet, but the level of fans' disappointment that TP didn't finish it, made me curious to read it. Way to go Yen Press!
vashthekaizoku

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
Yen Press, YOU ROCK! Soul Eater Not, The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan, and Alice in the Country of Hearts!? Yay!

I do hope for the Alice in the Country of Hearts release, however, they try to get out the sixth volume first, in any case just to satisfy the fans that are eagerly awaiting to get that last volume for the series. Although, if the translation is really awesome, I may try and double-dip on the series and get the new release as well.

They'll probably do like they did when they rescued Yotsuba from ADV. They'll publish the next one in line, then go back and publish the previous volumes.

As for Nagato Yuki-chan, I'm not surprised. Pleased, but not surprised. They already publish the novels, the original manga and the Haruhi-chan manga, so it only made sense. Same with Soul Eater Not!
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:09 pm Reply with quote
kyokun703 wrote:
Interested in Soul Eater Not (although it depends how fanservicey it is) and I think I will go ahead and pick up the Alice in the Country of Hearts omnibuses, which I haven't read yet, but the level of fans' disappointment that TP didn't finish it, made me curious to read it. Way to go Yen Press!

From the few chapters I read of Soul Eater Not, it wasn't too high on the fanservice, which is semi-surprising considering the main characters are all female.

Quote:
Soul Eater Not! will have a digital English release simultaneous with the Japanese publication.

Okay, that's just awesome. o.o Hopefully it'll work out well for them, considering what has happened with Viz and the Rin-ne simulcast.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:09 pm Reply with quote
From @kuriosity: "For the Alice in the Country of Hearts fans, @YenPress will be releasing the whole series at the same time in June 2012 as three omnibus"

Aura Ichadora wrote:

From the few chapters I read of Soul Eater Not, it wasn't too high on the fanservice, which is semi-surprising considering the main characters are all female.

Okay, I wasn't sure, because I know the original Soul Eater manga is pretty fanservicey, especially compared to the anime, and Not is classified as ecchi in the manga encyclopedia.
lys

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:

According to @Kuriousity on Twitter, "For the Alice in the Country of Hearts fans, @YenPress will be releasing the whole series at the same time in June 2012 as three omnibus."
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Lys wrote:
Aura Ichadora wrote:

According to @Kuriousity on Twitter, "For the Alice in the Country of Hearts fans, @YenPress will be releasing the whole series at the same time in June 2012 as three omnibus."
Ugh...that's a little annoying then. Well, I guess I'm just forced to buy all three, since it'd be too awkward having Volumes 1-4, then having to toss Volume 5 in order to have it and Volume 6 in an omnibus. Ah well. XP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:17 pm Reply with quote
I haven’t read the manga, but still glad Yen got Alice in the Country of Hearts before Tokyopop re-open its publishing.
PrettyKitty$$$$$

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Awesome. I'm glad I will be able to finish Alice in the Country of Hearts. If the Yen releases are nice enough and have color pages I will probably rebuy the volumes I have. So happy to be crossing one off my "unfinished list".
st_owly

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Please please please release the last volume of Alice in the Country of Hearts as a solitary as well... I can't afford to double dip Sad It now also means that Tokyopop can't get it back, and since it was one of their best sellers... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Redlinks

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Totally getting Madoka Majica! Been waiting for this series to get an English license.
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Thanks Yen press! Very Happy I'll be buying Madoka Magica on its first day~ (Hoping 'Oriko Magica' will follow if it's successful)
Kohii

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:28 pm Reply with quote
And this is why Yen Press are my favorite publishers! I love those guys Very Happy

Sign me up for Madoka and Yuki-chan.
Scormio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Definitely pumped about Soul Eater Not and Yuki-chan. Might check out the Madoka manga too.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:35 pm Reply with quote
YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! MADOKA MAGICA AND ALICE!!!!! Yen Press, it's no wonder you're my all time favorite manga licensing company! I LOVE YOU!!!

I loved Madoka Magica, and I have a friend who's an AVID fan of Heart no Kuni no Alice, so she's gonna die a happy fangirl once she hears about this!!! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3