• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Miku Hatsune Virtual Idol Dōjin Game Approved

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:24 am Reply with quote
FYI, the number of unofficial Miku doujinshi is

OVER 9000!!!

(this would be a troll, but it's probably true...)
BluMeino

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:10 am Reply with quote
It should be, I've only seen ~5. Her DFC doesn't do it for me though.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:01 am Reply with quote
At winter comiket, which I went to all three days, it was just miku miku miku miku miku all over the place.

Miku here, Miku there, Miku everywhere. Miku was mikuing everyone, and they seemed to like it.

I personally waited in line for hours at the frontier works booth to purchase a special limited edition Hatsune Miku muffler towel.

Consider that somethine like 5000 doujin groups participate in that event, I'd say there had to be at least 1000 different vocaloid books just during that event alone.

Mandarake in shibuya has a special "Hatsune Miku" rack JUST for doujinshi of her, with about 30-40 of the most popular ones on it, prominantly on display.

I guess that's what happens when you stay on the niconico douga rankings for months and months at a time.

My favorite ones are still Oster project's "Hatsune Miku Koi Suru Radio!"...
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=恋スルラジオ&search_type=

(only for people who understand japanese... it's not particularly funny otherwise, just creapy)
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:02 am Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:
(only for people who understand japanese... it's not particularly funny otherwise, just creapy)

Not as creepy as your spelling of creepy.LOL(I'm a douche,I know) but seriously,you want to talk about"creapy" I first noticed the Miku meme in the PL2 and AG3 ero game plugins.Damn creapy,sick too.
Hideki-Motosuwa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Ya know, I'm glad Crypton has finally opened up to the doujin fan community and all but it makes me wonder one thing. If their concerned with people damaging their property & image of Hatsune Miku, Kagamine Len / Rin, Meiko, Kaito, etc. then I wonder what are they going to do about the company that is doing an a adult video with one of its actresses doing Miku cosplay?

I wonder if they got wind of this and if so will they tell the company to stop all actions and such. If not, this would definetly be a slap in the face to those whom are following their guidelines in order to release their products with Miku & company on it.

I also wonder why Crypton takes so long on giving people the permission to sell models of Miku and such. Oh well, guess I'll find out sooner or later.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1