• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tiger & Bunny Anime Gets 2 Films Starting in 2012

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:00 am Reply with quote
This of course brings up the obvious questions:
1) Are these going to be compilation movies, or will they be original works?
2) Are these in lieu the promised "second season," or will they be one-shots between now and the second season?
3) Will they come to a theater close enough to where I live that I can actually see them? Or will I have to go to Sapporo?
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:03 am Reply with quote
Everyone was expecting the announcement of a new series and that's what I was hoping for but in the back of my mind I was afraid the announcement would be films.

Not that films are bad per say and I am sure they will both be fun (I really hope both will be new material and neither are recap) but unlike a series it will take forever for me to get to see these. Patience is not my strong point.

Then again maybe films are somewhat of a good thing. I would have hated if they dragged the series out and it's less likely they would do that with only two films.

Well I will be looking forward to the movies (wishing I could go to Japan to see them).
Botan24

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:31 am Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
This of course brings up the obvious questions:
1) Are these going to be compilation movies, or will they be original works?
2) Are these in lieu the promised "second season," or will they be one-shots between now and the second season?
3) Will they come to a theater close enough to where I live that I can actually see them? Or will I have to go to Sapporo?

Regarding question number one and two: I think they'll be one shots and original works. A lot of fans have been clamoring for an episode or two for their favorite character. The perfect example being Rock Bison. So, I think the creators will use these films to tell stories specific to one character. It's a nice idea, but I was hoping to hear more news about the second season.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:40 am Reply with quote
Botan24 wrote:

Regarding question number one and two: I think they'll be one shots and original works. A lot of fans have been clamoring for an episode or two for their favorite character. The perfect example being Rock Bison. So, I think the creators will use these films to tell stories specific to one character. It's a nice idea, but I was hoping to hear more news about the second season.

Quite honestly I highly doubt that. The side characters might have some memorable scenes but the series is called Tiger & Bunny for a reason. I am sure the films will still focus on the two main protagonists.

I just hope it's completely new material for both films. No recaps or retellings please!

Also was there ever an official announcement that there would be a second season? I get the feeling that the films are in lieu of that. But I could be wrong.
sepherest

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:34 am Reply with quote
I would've preferred a second season, but given how much they're milking the series now it's probably still going to happen.
Divineking

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:40 am Reply with quote
Still hoping for season 2, but the movies could be pretty cool. There;s actually room for them to put in new material without interfering with the possible spoiler[ dealings with the Ouroborous conspiracy] that will probably go down in season two.

Considering there's a six month time skip after the Jake arc, they can probably just tell a couple of stories that happened in between.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:32 am Reply with quote
From what I can see in the pictures, I can guess what one of the films might be about.

spoiler[The scene where Tiger is about to be eaten by a shark implies being stuck in either a zoo or amusement park. The scene where Fire Emblem fights Blue Rose with puzzle pieces everywhere implies either a dream sequence or, again, stuck in an amusement park. The story might be about the heroes taking on some Joker wannabe who may be working for Ouroboros. ]

But who cares!! I want more Tiger & Bunny please!!
Expias

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:15 am Reply with quote
Maidenoftheredhand wrote:

Also was there ever an official announcement that there would be a second season? I get the feeling that the films are in lieu of that. But I could be wrong.
There's never been an official announcement for a second season. People were waiting for the Hero Event to see if there would be a season 2 announcement.
cleverasinine

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:46 am Reply with quote
Keichitsu0305 wrote:
From what I can see in the pictures, I can guess what one of the films might be about.

spoiler[The scene where Tiger is about to be eaten by a shark implies being stuck in either a zoo or amusement park. The scene where Fire Emblem fights Blue Rose with puzzle pieces everywhere implies either a dream sequence or, again, stuck in an amusement park. The story might be about the heroes taking on some Joker wannabe who may be working for Ouroboros. ]

spoiler[The shark isn't real, those are steps under Tiger that are leading toward the shark, so it's gotta be mechanical.

I would note that all heroes seem to be fighting each other in those screencaps. But who knows how they got in that predicament.]
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:50 am Reply with quote
cleverasinine wrote:

spoiler[
I would note that all heroes seem to be fighting each other in those screencaps. But who knows how they got in that predicament.]

spoiler[I noticed that too but since I doubt they would give away any major plot points, I bet they are just training exercises. Well that's my guess.]
lilredphoenix

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Maybe to keep fans in suspense they are approaching it from a different angle of putting out several movies first to see how the fans will respond and then have a second season on the back burner ready to go instead of the other way around?
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:51 pm Reply with quote
I'm okay with this. There are any number of different directions that they can go, though I'm guessing they'll have an interconnected plot. (a movie bilogy?)

Maidenoftheredhand wrote:
Botan24 wrote:

Quite honestly I highly doubt that. The side characters might have some memorable scenes but the series is called Tiger & Bunny for a reason. I am sure the films will still focus on the two main protagonists.

Well, to be fair, Rock Bison is relevant to Tiger's backstory, and if the writer's want to delve into the past, he'll probably come up.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Damn, just make a second season. I can understand it in Madoka's case, as there was nowhere else for that series to go, but there's so much more potential that could come out of this show than freaking movies. this is what ruined Eden of the East Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by v1cious on Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Saturn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:44 am Reply with quote
movies AND a second season, please! The more T&B, the better.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:28 am Reply with quote
Yeah, only way this epic news is bad is if this is in lieu of a 2nd season, not in addition to it.

But can they produce both a movie in the spring and a Season 2 next April? It seems if Season 2 is coming in April, the first movie would be a compiliation of Season 1. But if it's coming in October instead, it could also be new material...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2