• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ninja Scroll Soundtrack on iTunes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Acctually, I think it's been up there for sometime. I think I mentioned about it earlier on a topic about iTunes. Eh. Oh well. =/

I still do think there is great potential for an international market on the music store. Yes indeed. =P

[edit: Yeah, I did mention it breifly. =P animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7025

Oh well.]

Really. I have faith that Apple would be smart enough to negotiate with some of the companies. An international market would likely highly benifit both Apple and the respective record label (and whatever goes after). As I said, they do have a few import albums anyway (ie. They have a Motown Japan import album in their library, and various orchestral cd's of Preformances by various orchestras in Japan). Whatever legal rights lie between this potential and reality, I doubt they'd really be so strict that there'd be no way to negotiate such a contract.

I'd really look foward to the future of international releases via iTunes. =P

Last edited by Shiki MSHTS on Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Interesting, especially in light of the question I asked at one of the recent industry panels (I *think* it was Geneon's, at this past ACen) - where the answer was that Japanese licensors are still generally opposed to the idea of making single tracks available for download.

Hope to see this trend continue; the fifteen minutes I have to spend looking for an OP nowadays is definitely worth a dollar!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
OwlBoy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:48 pm Reply with quote
If its recent! Its not the first!!!

Metropolis has been on there for a few months now!

It was even shown on the main soundtracks page in the top 3 images for awhile!

iTunes link: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playlistId=5601637

-Owl
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
OwlBoy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:55 pm Reply with quote
After looking at the Ninja Scroll entry I see why both are on there: Both are the same label, Domo records.

I hope they get more labels.

-Owl
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
OwlBoy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Oh hehe and just to be silly, one song from the first Pokémon movie is on there too...

iTunes link: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playlistId=883490

-Owl
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:02 am Reply with quote
Welcome. Please don't triple post though. There is an edit button. Post whoring is discoraged here. =P

And that Pokemon the movie... doesn't exactly quite count, since it is the amercian release version, and the American release has different music althogether. =P
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Abel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:19 am Reply with quote
The Ninja Scroll OST has been on there for months now. I think it was added back in Jan.

One thing I am really curious about is the Japanese version of the ITMS. After the Ginza store opened Jobs mentioned that they were working on a version of the music store for Japan. It may mean access to Jpop/rock music as well as some other anime tunes. Before I get my hopes up though one has to remember that we in the US may not be able to download the songs due to license restrictions (just like those in Canada, Europe and Japan can not buy songs from the US ITMS). Still, if Apple can license the music and allow us to download it I will be very pleased. Scary thing... I still would get CD.

Abel- surprised he has bought 104 songs from ITMS
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:48 am Reply with quote
While I do understand why restrictions happen, I'd like to think they can become a "globalization" of music. I think it's within their means, if they can build the right super-structre to handle it. I know it means having to cover exchange rates, but if it's legal for me to buy and import CD's from Japan, there should be a way to do it. In the end, as long as the artists get paid, that's what should count.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1