• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
CPM Anime Test Drive

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperSkylineGTR

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:28 am Reply with quote
What a concept! About time somebody puts sample anime DVD's out (besides ADV with the free DVD's in Newtype USA, but that requires you to buy the magazine). 7.99 a pop is not too bad either.
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:50 am Reply with quote
SuperSkylineGTR wrote:
What a concept! About time somebody puts sample anime DVD's out (besides ADV with the free DVD's in Newtype USA, but that requires you to buy the magazine). 7.99 a pop is not too bad either.

funimation did one for GT/FB, iirc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Case

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Are CPM's Test Drives and ADV's Ani-Mini's the only "sampler" DVDs that are available at the moment? (Available at retail level, I mean. Not bonus discs like the Newtype samplers, etc.)

Also are CPM, ADV, and Funimation the only companies that are going to be releasing discs like this in the immediate future? Geneon's "Signature Series" and ADV's "Anime Essentials" are just cheap re-releases of old discs, not samplers, right?
Allen
Company Representative

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:15 am Reply with quote
Case wrote:

Also are CPM, ADV, and Funimation the only companies that are going to be releasing discs like this in the immediate future? Geneon's "Signature Series" and ADV's "Anime Essentials" are just cheap re-releases of old discs, not samplers, right?

Our Anime Essentials line is a bit more than cheap re-releases of old discs. All discs are re-authored, usually correcting any mirror errors from the first time around. Subtitles are upgraded to a more readable font and most will have their English soundtracks upgraded to 5.1 and episode counts change where necessary. In the cast of our upcoming Nadesico release, the video has gone back to the original Japanese video to remove the overlays that were used to obscure much of the original Japanese text.

As for samplers, yes, only the Ani-Mini lines are actual sampler discs of our series. The contain one episode of that particular series and serve as a coupon to get the corresponding "full" version at a discounted price.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1