• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Kyoto Animation's Hyoka Mystery TV Anime Cast Revealed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:11 pm Reply with quote
This looks really interested. Plus, Haruhi movie director. This is going to be good.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Kayano Ai...must watch. This is going to be amazing.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:35 pm Reply with quote
It is insane at how many roles Ai Kayano has gotten in just the past year. Have the seiyuu awards happened yet? Cause there shouldn't even be a contest to who should win best new seiyuu.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:13 am Reply with quote
Why is it always the literature club?! What did they ever do to you! Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
It is insane at how many roles Ai Kayano has gotten in just the past year. Have the seiyuu awards happened yet? Cause there shouldn't even be a contest to who should win best new seiyuu.

They happen each year in the beginning of March, I definitely hope she wins, I've seen every one of her roles. Amazing.

Edit - it's happening this year on the 2nd of March, voting is already over so we just have to wait and see.
Konopan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:10 pm Reply with quote
OH BOY MORE not FMP! THANKS KYOANI!

Another gay guy genki girl cynical guy bland girl type of show? Really? They totally forgot the Rei clone and the tsundere this time. Talk about dropping the ball.

Honestly though, I'd watch this just for the OST if it can't prove itself on its own
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Konopan wrote:

What's funny about this quote is that Gatoh is writing the script for this.

Did FMP ever finish? All I remember is Gatoh saying 'one more book' and then 'one more book' and then 'one more book'... etc.
Westlo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Konopan wrote:

What's funny about this quote is that Gatoh is writing the script for this.

Did FMP ever finish? All I remember is Gatoh saying 'one more book' and then 'one more book' and then 'one more book'... etc.

Gatoh gets along really well with KyoAni, probably because he knows that the decision on more FMP has nothing to do with KYoAni and lies in the hands of Kadokawa who own the property.

And yes FMP is finished, the last novel was #22 and was published last year. The spin off set 10 years after FMP is FMP Another and the second novel for that recently came out, 3 weeks ago I believe.

http://myanimelist.net/manga/28485/Full_Metal_Panic!_Another

I really don't see Kadokawa finishing off this series... As far as the 12 Story Novels go...

Gonzo's FMP Season of 24 episodes covered the first 3.
KyoAni's TSR Season covered 4-5 (the first 4 episodes was new content to bring the story back into line to fix up Gonzo's ending of their series)

That leaves 7 main story novels left to be animated. They would probably need 4 seasons to finish everything up, 2 for the story and 2 for the side stories.

Considering it's an average seller and Kadokawa would rather use KyoAni's brand and talents to push new properties for them like Nichijou and Hyoka.. as well as keeping Haruhi up their sleaves... don't hold your breathe.

I think an adapation of FMP Another is more likely to happen in the future...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1