• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Animal Land GNs 2 & 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bahamut623

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see this getting some attention, and seeing it in the top 10 a short while ago. It's definitely unique, so I was excited when Kodansha picked it up, especially since the first two volumes don't really make it seem like a likely choice for licensing. It's so completely silly, but also manages to be kinda grim, and it works. I'm enjoying it so far, and really looking forward to seeing where it goes.

As for what Animal Land itself is...yea, the first chapter definitely hinted that he's on a completely other world/realm/not our earth, just by the way he vanished at the beginning. I'm sure it'll go into that a bit more now that Taroza's older.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:55 am Reply with quote
The only real issue I have with AL at he moment is Zeek's adult design. I think Makoto was probably hitting the sauce a bit hard when he was designing that.

And anything with Capri is just Hilarious.
Wooga

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Great review. This series is an acquired taste(My friend calls it deranged, and another site listed this as 'worst manga of the year )my but as a fan of Zatch Bell, I enjoy it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1