• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Code Geass: Oz the Reflection's Details Revealed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Why does this person in an anti-terrorist unit have a custom Knightmare Frame while several members of the Knights of the Round do not?
The American Average

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Now where have i heard OZ before?
nightjuan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:14 pm Reply with quote
There was an "OZ" organization in Gundam Wing, of course, but that's apparently not what the title is referring to here.

Right now, this seems to be describing the general theme or gimmick (say, the so-called "Glinda Knights" are a The Wizard of Oz reference, as noted by the article) instead of necessarily being the name of a specific entity. Though, in all fairness, it might well refer to something else entirely. Who knows?

Charred Knight wrote:
Why does this person in an anti-terrorist unit have a custom Knightmare Frame while several members of the Knights of the Round do not?

I realize this is essentially a rhetorical question, but just for fun... Wink

1) Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. And let's be completely honest here: rather hilariously, we didn't even get to see what those two unfortunate Knights of the Rounds were supposed to be piloting before they were blown up near the end of Code Geass R2.

2) This takes place more than a year before that event, which makes any further argument quite meaningless. Why? Because many different things could have happened in the meanwhile...and, in fact, we already know some of them. There's no lack of opportunities for the Knights of the Rounds to gain or lose their custom mecha.

3) All of of this, including the introduction of previously unknown mecha (or new pilots and units), is nothing more than retroactive continuity. Taking advantage of existing time and information gaps is a very common practice within the Mobile Suit Gundam property and, needless to say, this is really no different. It doesn't always coincide with our previous assumptions, deductions or even on-screen evidence, but that's precisely why it's retroactive.
The American Average

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:28 pm Reply with quote
^ I was being a little stinker about the OZ thing
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:17 pm Reply with quote
The American Average

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:35 pm Reply with quote
^
kaiser11492

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:02 pm Reply with quote
First we have an Alice In Wonderland-themed Code Geass and now we have Wizard of Oz references? Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1