• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ani-Kuri 15

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:02 pm Reply with quote
I noticed that one of the Ani-Kuri 15 shorts, Neko no Shukai, has an entry in the database, but that the project as a whole doesn't seem to have an entry. I also didn't see any entry for any of the other 14 shorts, but I didn't check for every one of them. Anyway, I was thinking either the whole project or each of the shorts individually (or both) should have an entry in the database, but I wasn't sure which way it should be so I didn't submit them as new titles to add. Which way should it be? Should each of the 15 shorts have its own entry? See here, here, and here if you don't know what I am talking about.
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Well, since no one said anything, and I think Ani-Kuri 15 should have an entry in the encyclopedia, I went ahead and submitted it. I also think that Neko no Shukai should have its own entry in the encyclopedia since it gets mentioned separately. I personally don't think the other 14 shorts need their own separate entries, since I haven't heard of any of them mentioned on their own.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:10 am Reply with quote
Yes, there's little doubt that we should have an entry for Ani-Kuri 15, so I've approved the title. But I'm not so sure about what information to put in there. Should each short have it's own entry? Some of the shorts (like Neko no Shuukai, Ohayou and Onmitsu Hime) clearly had a lot of effort poured into them; they had staff and voice actors. Others are very simplistic; Mamoru Oshii probably did his mermaid short all by himself (or made an assistant do it)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1