Features - 2014
- Interview: Yoshiki of X JAPAN ()
- Your Top 5 Anime of 2014 (And Ours) ()
- Interview: Sunao Katabuchi ()
- Anime Spotlight Fall 2014 - The List ()
- Interview: Takeshi Obata ()
- Interview: Yousei Teikoku ()
- The Fall 2014 Anime Preview Guide ()
- Interview: Choucho ()
- Interview: Gen Urobuchi ()
- Interview: Akihiro Kanayama ()
- Anime Spotlight Summer 2014 - The List ()
- Interview: Shinji Aramaki ()
- Interview: May'n ()
- Interview: Thomas Sirdey, Co-Founder, Japan Expo ()
- Interview: Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods with Justin Cook, Chris Sabat, and Sean Schemmel ()
- Exclusive Interview: The New English Language Cast of Sailor Moon ()
- The Summer 2014 Anime Preview Guide ()
- The Accel World Interviews Part II - Masakazu Obara ()
- The Accel World Interviews Part I - Reki Kawahara ()
- Exclusive Interview: Viz Media's Charlene Ingram and Josh Lopez on Sailor Moon ()
- The Space Dandy Interview: Part II - Bahi JD ()
- The Space Dandy Interview: Part I - Thomas Romain ()
- The Spring 2014 Anime Preview Guide ()
- Nerd Tour Japan 2014: Days Seven and Eight ()
- Nerd Tour Japan 2014: Days Five and Six ()
- Interview: Bryce Papenbrook ()
- Nerd Tour Japan 2014: Day Four ()
- Nerd Tour Japan 2014: Day Three ()
- Anime Spotlight Spring 2014 ()
- Nerd Tour Japan 2014: Day Two ()
- AnimeJapan 2014 Blowout ()
- Interview: Yuma Takahashi and Koji Kitakami, Chief Producers of AnimeJapan ()
- Nerd Tour Japan 2014 ()
- Interview: Tomohiko Ito ()
- Interview: Masahiro Ando ()
- Interview: Michelle Lee ()
- 2014 Australian and New Zealand Anime Convention Calendar ()
- Interview: Atsushi Ootsuki ()
- Interview: Mizuho Nishikubo ()
- Interview: Jonathan Clements ()
- Top Interest Articles of 2013 ()
- Top News Articles of 2013 ()
- The Winter 2014 Anime Preview Guide ()
- Anime in America: The Best (and Worst) of 2013 ()
- Anime Spotlight Winter 2014 - The List ()
just for fun
Attack on Titan races up the charts as the Spring anime season closes out! How did your favorite anime fare in our weekly user rankings? ― Our team of reviewers are following 27 anime series of the Spring 2017 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of the season. Keep in mind that these rankings are base...
Dustin goes a few rounds with Nintendo's noodle-armed fighting game for the Switch just in time for the summer. PLUS: Konami controversy, Rap Rabbit's demise, Sega Forever and more! ― Even covering it from the comfort of a home office, the sheer volume of E3 was positively exhausting. My heart goes out to the poor writers in the trenches, and even more to the poor fans who paid money for the mostly u...
Is this slice of life comedy about convenience store candy a sugar rush worth indulging, or is it just as frivolously forgettable as its subject matter? Nick Creamer finds out. ― Anime has already offered us long-running dramas about baking bread and entire franchises predicated on idols fighting interstellar wars, so it's tough to be surprised by basically any premise these days. Slice of life in pa...
Ever since one Pokemon episode caused an unanticipated medical emergency, there have been viewer warnings in front of many anime on TV. Why are they starting to go away now? ― Chris asks: Back in the day, after that infamous episode of Pokémon gave viewers seizures, many anime would start with an on-screen warning to watch with the lights on and at a safe distance from the TV. A bunch of my late-90'...
Your complete guide to through the best (and the worst) theatrical feature films the Gundam franchise has to offer. ― Spanning 38 years of giant robot battle action and space opera drama, the Gundam franchise has remained hugely popular. It is also, to put it simply, huge. Between TV series, OVAs, and movies, hundreds of hours of anime bearing the Gundam name has been produced. It's a lot to take in,...
Have no fear, for the Limited Edition blu-ray of My Hero Academia is here! Nick Creamer revisits the strengths and weaknesses of this first season alongside its extras-packed home release. ― Debuting just three years ago, My Hero Academia has swiftly become one of the headline manga of Shounen Jump, a rip-roaring adventure elevated by strong art, charming characters, and consistent mastery of battle ...
The biggest shows of the Spring season pull out their biggest twists and bloodiest climaxes this week, but some are more successful than others. From Re:Creators to Kado The Right Answer, Nick and Micchy cover this gory week in anime! ― Previous Weeks in Anime Week 1 - Week 2 - Week 3 - Week 4 - Week 5Week 6 - Week 7 - Week 8 Nicholas Dupree got into anime in high school, and manga even earlier. From...
just for fun
Maybell discovers that Artist's Alley is a lot more brutal than she might've been expecting. ―
The Mahouka movie has just landed in theaters, and Kim Morrissy has an inside scoop! Is this original story worth checking out for longtime fans or even newcomers? ― When the TV series of The Irregular at Magic High School first aired in 2014, its highly technical magic system and overpowered protagonist proved to be polarizing. The anime's dry visual presentation and clumsy pacing only made it more ...
It's time for another lightning round - theme parks in Japan, live-action anime adaptations, the fate of Yahoo Japan auctions and more! ― It's time once again to tackle the questions that I couldn't get a whole column's worth of information out of! Ready? Let's go! Chris asks: What will happen to Yahoo! Japan after the finalization last week of Yahoo!'s merger with / absorption into Verizon? Some of...
Things get steamy on Shelf Life this week as Paul dives into the deep end of a fanservice yuri action extravaganza. Plus, all this week's new anime releases! ― I was going to talk about E3 this week, but then I watched the latest episode of Sakura Quest and decided I really wanted to rave about that show instead. I've been watching it all season, but it only just recently hit me that it's really wel...
This fantasy adventure based on a mobile game came and went without much fanfare last year, but is it worth a second look? Theron Martin finds out. ― When this mobile game adaptation debuted back during the Spring 2016 season, I was so unimpressed by the first episode that I gave it my lowest rating of that Preview Guide and never bothered to watch another episode. Funimation's announcement of a simu...