Features - 2014
- Interview: Yoshiki of X JAPAN ()
- Your Top 5 Anime of 2014 (And Ours) ()
- Interview: Sunao Katabuchi ()
- Anime Spotlight Fall 2014 - The List ()
- Interview: Takeshi Obata ()
- Interview: Yousei Teikoku ()
- The Fall 2014 Anime Preview Guide ()
- Interview: Choucho ()
- Interview: Gen Urobuchi ()
- Interview: Akihiro Kanayama ()
- Anime Spotlight Summer 2014 - The List ()
- Interview: Shinji Aramaki ()
- Interview: May'n ()
- Interview: Thomas Sirdey, Co-Founder, Japan Expo ()
- Interview: Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods with Justin Cook, Chris Sabat, and Sean Schemmel ()
- Exclusive Interview: The New English Language Cast of Sailor Moon ()
- The Summer 2014 Anime Preview Guide ()
- The Accel World Interviews Part II - Masakazu Obara ()
- The Accel World Interviews Part I - Reki Kawahara ()
- Exclusive Interview: Viz Media's Charlene Ingram and Josh Lopez on Sailor Moon ()
- The Space Dandy Interview: Part II - Bahi JD ()
- The Space Dandy Interview: Part I - Thomas Romain ()
- The Spring 2014 Anime Preview Guide ()
- Nerd Tour Japan 2014: Days Seven and Eight ()
- Nerd Tour Japan 2014: Days Five and Six ()
- Interview: Bryce Papenbrook ()
- Nerd Tour Japan 2014: Day Four ()
- Nerd Tour Japan 2014: Day Three ()
- Anime Spotlight Spring 2014 ()
- Nerd Tour Japan 2014: Day Two ()
- AnimeJapan 2014 Blowout ()
- Interview: Yuma Takahashi and Koji Kitakami, Chief Producers of AnimeJapan ()
- Nerd Tour Japan 2014 ()
- Interview: Tomohiko Ito ()
- Interview: Masahiro Ando ()
- Interview: Michelle Lee ()
- 2014 Australian and New Zealand Anime Convention Calendar ()
- Interview: Atsushi Ootsuki ()
- Interview: Mizuho Nishikubo ()
- Interview: Jonathan Clements ()
- Top Interest Articles of 2013 ()
- Top News Articles of 2013 ()
- The Winter 2014 Anime Preview Guide ()
- Anime in America: The Best (and Worst) of 2013 ()
- Anime Spotlight Winter 2014 - The List ()
Loading next article...
Satou gets more than he bargained for when he follows his childhood friend home in this fantasy romance by the author of Dusk Maiden of Amnesia. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― No, this is not a manga spin-off of one of the numerous “Tales of” video games. Even creator Maybe is a little embarrassed about how similar to that franchise his manga's title is, but he assures us that it's merely a sim...
Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo may rule the market now, but many other companies have tried their hand at breaking into the gaming console market. Here are just a few of the more notorious flops. ― Today's gaming scene is dominated by three major console manufacturers: Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo. The landscape is a lot different than when I was a kid, plugging away at Super Mario World on the SNES...
In advance of a second season, Gen Urobuchi and the master puppeteers at PiLi have delivered a movie recounting the villainous origins of the Screaming Phoenix Killer. Nick Creamer finds out if this series has lost any magic in film form. ― It was a great surprise to learn that Gen Urobuchi, star writer of hits like Madoka Magica and Fate/Zero, would be working on a collaborative series of Taiwanese ...
just for fun
It's not so relaxed anymore - Laid-Back Camp leaps up 8 PLACES on the chart to dominate this week in user episode rankings! ― Our team of reviewers are following 28 anime series of the Winter 2018 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of the season. Keep in mind that these rankings are based on how peop...
They seem a lot more complex than regular DVD subtitles - how exactly do they get subtitles on bluray discs? Justin has the shockingly complex answer. ― John asked: What are the technical differences between creating subtitles for DVDs and Blu-ry Discs? And were HD-DVDs any better or worse? Subtitles are a pain in the ass. No other part of making a DVD or Blu-ray is as complicated, error-prone, or a...
Part II of our GAINAX tour charts the studio's late-80s rollercoaster ride through incredible success and heartbreaking failure with Nadia, Gunbuster, and The Wings of Honneamise. ― Welcome to Part II of our 4-part history of Studio Gainax. If you missed part I, you can find it right here! Studio GAINAX was one of the first studios to bring together merchandising and anime production under one roof. ...
To celebrate the upcoming Anime Awards, Crunchyroll is excited to announce its partnership with Twitch to exclusively livestream the awards ceremony, live from Hollywood. ― To celebrate the Anime Awards, Crunchyroll is excited to announce its partnership with Twitch to exclusively livestream the awards ceremony, live from Hollywood at at 6:00PM PST on Saturday, February 24th. Follow Crunchyroll's Tw...
Warner Bros. live-action FMA movie has finally arrived on Netflix to surprisingly little fanfare. We discover why this particular project didn't get the U.S. theatrical attention of its peers. ― Warner Bros. live-action FMA film has finally arrived on Netflix to surprisingly little fanfare. This week in anime, Nick and Jacob discover why this particular project didn't get the U.S. theatrical attentio...
Attack on Titan's Bryce Papenbrook and Kill la Kill's David Vincent sit down for a chat about their new approach to connecting fans and voice actors. ― Fans may recognize veteran voice actors Bryce Papenbrook (Attack on Titan, Sword Art Online) and David Vincent (Fate/Zero, Kill La Kill) from their work in a number of anime and video game series, but the two have a unique off-screen collaboration, as...
Heidi takes the Secret of Mana remake for a spin, plus Namco's Catalog IP project, Metal Gear Survive, Dragon Ball FighterZ DLC and a whole lot more! ― It's another one of those slow news weeks, which means I can take a bit of space in this column to babble about something I'm particularly interested in. This week, I've got the perfect excuse to talk about two things I really like: the mobile game Go...
The final arc in the Utena saga has arrived on blu-ray, alongside the opulent Adolescence of Utena film. Rebecca Silverman looks back on how this classic concluded. ― With this final arc of the Revolutionary Girl Utena narrative, the story throws all subtlety out the window. That's not strictly a negative in terms of getting the most out of everything the series has built up, because when the visuals...