Features - 2012
- Interview: Aniplex Inc. President Koichiro Natsume ()
- Interview: Andrew Partridge Talks About Anime Limited ()
- Interview: President of NIS Sohei Niikawa ()
- Interview: Henry Goto, President, Aniplex of America ()
- Making History: The Rose of Versailles ()
- Interview: Yoshitaka Amano ()
- Interview: Yuu Asakawa ()
- Interview: Takahiro Omori ()
- Anime Spotlight Fall 2012 - The List ()
- The Fall 2012 Anime Preview Guide ()
- Interview: Chihayafuru's Asaka Morio, Kunihiko Hamada, Takuya Tsunoki ()
- Ghastly Prince Enma Burning Up: Ask A Question, Win The Show! Results Edition ()
- Interview: Ein Lee ()
- Interview: Eiko Tanaka ()
- Interview: Haruhiko Mikimoto ()
- Interview: Toshio Maeda ()
- Interview: Naoki Urasawa ()
- Interview: Kanta Kamei, Director of Bunny Drop ()
- Japan: One Year Later ()
- Anime Spotlight Summer 2012 - The List ()
- The Summer 2012 Anime Preview Guide ()
- Interview: Corp.IAM directors Toshiaki Ueno, Junji Yamada and Ryo Horikawa on Magical Dreamers ()
- All About Licensing: Part III ()
- All About Licensing Part II: The Contract ()
- All About Licensing: Part I ()
- Interview: May'n ()
- Interview: Razmig Hovaghimian, Co-founder and CEO of Viki.com ()
- Gallery: Katsuhiro Otomo GENGA Exhibition ()
- Anime Contents Expo Day 1 & 2 ()
- The Spring 2012 Anime Preview Guide ()
- Interview: Soubi Yamamoto ()
- Anime Spotlight Spring 2012 - The List ()
- Tokyo Anime Fair 2012 Blowout: Part III ()
- Tokyo Anime Fair 2012 Blowout: Part II ()
- Tokyo Anime Fair 2012 Blowout: Part I ()
- The Anime Economy - Part 3: Digital Pennies ()
- The Anime Economy - Part 2: Shiny Discs ()
- The Anime Economy - Part 1: Let's Make An Anime! ()
- Interview: Tomomi Mochizuki on House of Five Leaves ()
- Making the Digital Jump With Viz Manga ()
- Report: Kazuo Koike and Gen Urobuchi Chat ()
- Gallery: Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos Red Carpet ()
- A Look at Redline with Takeshi Koike ()
- Eric Khoo ()
- The Winter 2012 Anime Preview Guide ()
- Anime in America: The Best (and Most Notable) of 2011 ()
- Ken Iyadomi on Bandai Entertainment's Downsizing ()
Andrew Partridge , founder of Europe's Anime Limited and the Scotland Loves Anime film festival drops by to share his history and insight into the world of European anime distribution. ― ANNCast Episode 324 - Scotland Loves Anime Andrew Partridge, founder of Europe's Anime Limited and the Scotland Loves Anime film festival drops by to share his history and insight into the world of European anime di...
Violet Evergarden and The Ancient Magus' Bride make their bids for the top of the heap as the race grows closer in the final weeks of the Winter season. Find out where your favorites rank! ― Our team of reviewers are following 28 anime series of the Winter 2018 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of t...
How long does it actually take for a production team to create a single episode of anime, end-to-end? ― Mark asked: I have a pretty simple question. About how long prior to a show airing does animation production start? So not pre-production meetings or voice acting or anything like that, but the artists sitting down and drawing the whole dang thing. How much of a lead time do these artists need to ...
The magical world of this hit fantasy anime takes inspiration from a rich history of fairytales and folklore. Rebecca Silverman explores the stories behind the many wonders of Elias and Chise's adventures. ― Kore Yamazaki is a dream of a mangaka. That's not just because she writes moving and fascinating stories that combine a slow, deliberate pace with likable and nuanced characters, but also because...
This sequel to the first action game in the franchise from KOEI-TECMO and Omega Force makes significant improvements on its predecessor, but is it worth a purchase? Heidi Kemps has the answers. ― Omega Force's record with anime and manga adaptations is a bit spotty. We've had disappointments like Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage and Berserk and the Band of the Hawk, but we've also had some real win...
After months of buildup, this fantastical drama has finally delivered a breathtaking climax to Chise's long and difficult journey. We discuss our reactions to this game-changing turn of events. ― After building us up for this moment over twenty-one emotional episodes, The Ancient Magus' Bride has finally delivered a breathtaking climax to Chise's long and difficult journey. This week in anime, Nick a...
It's a bursting pipe of Nintendo news, plus Dark Souls Amiibo, Broly arrives in Dragon Ball Fighterz, plus an interview with Viz Media's Eric Eberhardt on their indie games publishing initiative! ― Sorry folks, no time for a witty intro sequence, we got a whole bucketful of news to get to from Nintendo Direct! Oh BABY. Let's start with the big stuff first: SMASH BROS IS HEADED TO SWITCH Well, what do...
After almost four years adrift on the tides, the boys of eternal summer are back with new adventures in advance of Free! season three this summer. Jacob Chapman dives into this theatrical continuation. ― You know that sequence of heartwarming, lightly comedic images that flashed by during the credits of Free! Eternal Summer's final episode? We saw Makoto and Haruka studying together in college, Nagis...
Bara manga is pretty common in Japan, even if it might not be as widespread as yaoi - so why isn't there any bara anime? Justin has a few angles. ― Harris asked: I confess that I really like bara manga because of its incredible art style, sexy situations (depending on the subject), and most certainly its appeal to gay male readers such as myself. Given the fact that hentai and yaoi titles are often ...
An in-depth behind-the-scenes look at Haoliners, the Chinese animation house that has aggressively entered the television anime market with some success, some failure, and a lot of ambition. ― It is often said that China has a huge impact on the Japanese anime industry. Although the Chinese government has had a habit of restricting access to anime titles even in recent years, the anime market in Chin...
Netflix's new action-packed series boasts an ambitious combo of crime procedural and supernatural epic, but can it combine those elements into a cohesive story? Theron Martin finds out. ― B: The Beginning is a collaboration between Netflix and Production I.G. that was originally advertised in early 2016 as "Perfect Bones". This name change is definitely for the best, since the final version of the st...
just for fun
They delayed the live-action Battle Angel movie 6 months! What could possibly trigger that kind of a delay?? ―
Clockwork Planet's reputation may have taken a hit after its sub-par anime adaptation, but this first novel proves that the story still has promise. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― Falling somewhere between steampunk and straight science fiction, Clockwork Planet's inaugural novel introduces a quartet of not-quite-heroes who are a blend of tropes and fun. Co-written by the author of No Game, No ...